Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #71
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: DRC Commentary

Here is my only take on this and I'm just looking at it as i tried to enter my parents (whom has 40 plus yrs tender at NHRA) at Rt 66 Nats the last 2 years but did not have enough grade points but i keep seeing and it was done at Rt 66 Nats last year a special deal making someone get in with 1 or none grade points. I have been on NHRA forever to have them make a wave deal for anybody that has been a card carrying member of NHRA for over 40 years they only have to have 1 grade point , these people are who has kept NHRA going through thick and thin and all I'm told is its not right to the new people starting out, but still we have this deal.
I for one have disliked all the Danica deal cause all the over rated hype and airtime she got in the last 3 nationwide races until she went out (thank goodness for that) and ESPN being the morons they are will botch up the TV deal with the Kurt deal.
But i wont be watching as i have not figured out how to only have car sounds and not the announcers as they........never mind I'll keep that to myself.
Bottom line if he races more power to him, but i see both sides of this deal.

BTW on the other Busch post on here, Marc brings up a great question and if it happens he is going by the rules, What if Kurt enters at Atlanta D2 event and there is his grade point since Gators are not filled as of yet. He could do it easy as Nascar is at Atlanta this weekend also.

Last edited by Nitro Joe Jackson; 03-04-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Nitro Joe Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #72
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick lester View Post
"vmy girlfriend did not want to go at first, then i mentioned kurt was going to be there, now is counting the days on the calender. he's her favorite beer, i mean driver in nascar." "hell if scott helms wasn't going this year, i'd skip it altogether. i'll be there, just look for the fool sitting in the stands when stock and super stock are running."
Rick,

A good observation , and most likely why all this TV focus on just a few Pro drivers has not increased attendance.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #73
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach
Wink Re: DRC Commentary

Rules? Rule book? What rules? What rule book? A friend of mine got protested at the St. Louis race a few years ago on race day. It clearly states in the rule book the procedures of protesting and you can't do it on race day. NHRA made him tear down anyway. There is no rule book only NHRA interpretations. This is all about publicity and money and you can take that to the bank .. lol ... Jim Bailey you are a funny guy .. :-) I think the Playmate of the month should have to enter one sportsman category at each national event ... then the NHRA circus will almost be complete ..

Last edited by Chuck Beach; 03-04-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Chuck Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #74
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Talking Re: DRC Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Really? I thought we were "experiencing the worst recession in decades", "car counts are down", and "quotas still aren't full". I think NHRA has plenty of other policies that help keep the classes from overcrowding...
Niiiiiiice one!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #75
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Chuck, the only rules they go by are whatever they want to do at the time. I think one of our good tech men threw the rule book at one of the chiefs at Indy a couple of years ago.