HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #21
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I Told You So!

Eddie you make it sound like this was a targeted hit.
Everyone agrees Trayon should not have been killed. He was not breaking the law.
But by the same token Zimmerman might not have broken any law either. It is not against the law to disregard a 911 operator. They are not law enforcement, they are phone operators.
It is not against the law to follow someone. Even if the 911 operator said not to.
The police have had all this "new" info since the day this happened. That is probably why they didn't charge him at the time.
Now there is rumors of a federal hate crime charge.
This is just mob mentality, looking for revenge.
I believe (looking at the evidence the media has put out) that he won't even go to trial.
Or if he does he'll be aquitted.

I for one am sick and tired of the double standard. If a white or straight, or "rich" person has a problem with a person of color, or a non hetrosexual, or poor person It is called a hate crime.
But if it's the other way around it's just an assault or a mugging.
The assault a couple a weeks ago in Norfolk Va was a prime example. A mob of Black men surrounds a car with 2 white peolple. 5 of them beat the man and woman severly enough to cause over a weeks absence from work.The only station that had the guts to report on it was Fox.
Where was "your" reverend al or jesse? Where is the DOJ on this one. Did the man and woman have any civil rights?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I called 911 on a DUI suspect coming home from the races around 1:00 a.m. The guy was all over the road. 911 operator asked if I could tail from a distance until officers had the suspect in their sights. I did for a few miles. Then the subject turned north, I told 911 I had to continue east and they said "no problem, they have him in their sights, thanks for you help". Right then the suspect slammed into a car and in about 3 seconds there were three police cars surrounding the suspect.
Now, had 911 told me to back off, I wouldn't. SOP for a 911 operator is to get the citizens out of harms way on a police case. Just as I mentioned before, if a house is on fire, I'm calling 911 and if I analyze that help is needed and a kid is in there, I'm most likely going in even if 911 tells me not to (and you know they will).
My point is, whatever 911 said has little to no bearing on this case. 911 could be used as a timeline that Zimmerman heeded to the 911 operators call and was backing off his tail of the Martin and was subsequently assaulted.
In the end, Zimmerman MAY be exonerated. And then he can sue the Martin family for assault and the humility and death sentences. Yea, that would go over really good...
Old 05-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
Eddie you make it sound like this was a targeted hit.
Everyone agrees Trayon should not have been killed. He was not breaking the law.
But by the same token Zimmerman might not have broken any law either. It is not against the law to disregard a 911 operator. They are not law enforcement, they are phone operators.
It is not against the law to follow someone. Even if the 911 operator said not to.
The police have had all this "new" info since the day this happened. That is probably why they didn't charge him at the time.
Now there is rumors of a federal hate crime charge.
This is just mob mentality, looking for revenge.
I believe (looking at the evidence the media has put out) that he won't even go to trial.
Or if he does he'll be aquitted.

I for one am sick and tired of the double standard. If a white or straight, or "rich" person has a problem with a person of color, or a non hetrosexual, or poor person It is called a hate crime.
But if it's the other way around it's just an assault or a mugging.
The assault a couple a weeks ago in Norfolk Va was a prime example. A mob of Black men surrounds a car with 2 white peolple. 5 of them beat the man and woman severly enough to cause over a weeks absence from work.The only station that had the guts to report on it was Fox.
Where was "your" reverend al or jesse? Where is the DOJ on this one. Did the man and woman have any civil rights?
Your last paragraph and a half has no relevance to me, I really don't care what Al or Jessie have to say. My point is the poor investigative actions by the Stanford police that will lead to an acquital because the police "might not have done there jobs". Many on this site will say that if Mr. Zimmerman goes to jail that it will impose on our rights for self protection. Again that is not the focus. Police are limited in approaching stranger unless there is probable cause. Mr. Zimmerman is not trained to be a policeman. He was carrying a gun. Mr. Martin was a young black man in the wrong neighborhood. He did not deserve to die. For Mr. Martin’s life to have any meaning, a message has to be sent. Neighborhood watch is not for confronting. It is there to observe and report it to the police who are trained in confrontation. If you want to confront then don't carry a gun around. Nobody has the right to shoot an unarmed person even if the shooter is afraid.

As far as people saying that Mr. Zimmerman's injuries support his defense that he had to defend himself, that correlation cannot be made. His victim was most likely the one trying to defend himself. If someone chased me down with a gun you better believe I would fight for my life, and there is a strong likelihood based on what we know and the fact that Mr. Martin was aggressively pursued (against police instructions), that might be exactly what happened. Mr. Zimmerman being beat up may only confirm the threat that Mr. Martin felt, having no idea this guy was a neighborhood watchman but only knowing he was pursuing him with a gun. I can't imagine any of us would feel otherwise if we were in his situation.

Justice, whatever that may be in this case, might never come though because the police from the moment they arrived, didn't take this murder investigation seriously enough. Just my opinion!
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,031 Times in 270 Posts

Yeah, because it is always smart, the right thing to do, and legal, to confront someone you think is following you.

The complete lack of logic in some of these posts is amazing.

So is the number and level of assumptions.

Who says Martin's life is supposed to "have meaning"?

Is the life of every criminal who is killed during the commission of a crime supposed to "have meaning"? Yeah, assault is a crime.

It is every bit as likely that the incident went exactly as Zimmerman says it did. It is entirely possible that Zimmerman was returning to his car, Martin confronted him, attacked him, and he shot Martin to keep Martin from continuing to bash his head into the concrete sidewalk. That is, by the way, legal and proper use of lethal force in most every state in the union.

You, Eddie, have convicted Zimmerman without first hand knowledge of any evidence, with nothing more than assumptions. You do not know if anything you have posted is even remotely true. And then you go further and attempt to crucify the police, who were actually there, as being incompetent, or worse, corrupt.

Yet Martin, who was sent to stay with his father because he would not stay out of trouble and obey his mother, you portray as being as pure as the driven snow, despite evidence to the contrary. Namely his criminal activity that got him in trouble and sent to stay with his father to begin with.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #25
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Your last paragraph and a half has no relevance to me, I really don't care what Al or Jessie have to say. My point is the poor investigative actions by the Stanford police that will lead to an acquital because the police "might not have done there jobs". Many on this site will say that if Mr. Zimmerman goes to jail that it will impose on our rights for self protection. Again that is not the focus. Police are limited in approaching stranger unless there is probable cause. Mr. Zimmerman is not trained to be a policeman. He was carrying a gun. Mr. Martin was a young black man in the wrong neighborhood. He did not deserve to die. For Mr. Martin’s life to have any meaning, a message has to be sent. Neighborhood watch is not for confronting. It is there to observe and report it to the police who are trained in confrontation. If you want to confront then don't carry a gun around. Nobody has the right to shoot an unarmed person even if the shooter is afraid.

As far as people saying that Mr. Zimmerman's injuries support his defense that he had to defend himself, that correlation cannot be made. His victim was most likely the one trying to defend himself. If someone chased me down with a gun you better believe I would fight for my life, and there is a strong likelihood based on what we know and the fact that Mr. Martin was aggressively pursued (against police instructions), that might be exactly what happened. Mr. Zimmerman being beat up may only confirm the threat that Mr. Martin felt, having no idea this guy was a neighborhood watchman but only knowing he was pursuing him with a gun. I can't imagine any of us would feel otherwise if we were in his situation.

Justice, whatever that may be in this case, might never come though because the police from the moment they arrived, didn't take this murder investigation seriously enough. Just my opinion!
This is so full of nonsense and conjecture, I won't waste much time with it...

One quick example:

" If someone chased me down with a gun you better believe I would fight for my life, "

You have NO evidence of this ever happening in this case.... NONE!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

For the life of me, I can't understand why the media hasn't posted a cute baby picture of Martin, rather than the semi-angelic photo of a young Martin or the more recent picture that is closer to reality
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
This is so full of nonsense and conjecture, I won't waste much time with it...

One quick example:

" If someone chased me down with a gun you better believe I would fight for my life, "

You have NO evidence of this ever happening in this case.... NONE!
The only one that can answer for that 8 minutes is Zimmerman and he ain't talking. And you have NO evidence to the contrary.....NONE!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
The only one that can answer for that 8 minutes is Zimmerman and he ain't talking. And you have NO evidence to the contrary.....NONE!
...And YOU are taking sides and trying the case in public...I am not!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
Eddies66
VIP Member

More lame-stream media:

1. Zimmerman called the police to report Martin’s “suspicious” behavior, which he described as “just walking around looking about.” Zimmerman was in his car when he saw Martin walking on the street. He called the police and said: “There’s a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about… These a**holes always get away” [Orlando Sentinel]

2. Zimmerman pursued Martin against the explicit instructions of the police dispatcher:

Dispatcher: “Are you following him?”
Zimmerman: “Yeah”
Dispatcher: “OK, we don’t need you to do that.”

[Orlando Sentinel]

3. Prior to the release of the 911 tapes, Zimmerman’s father released a statement claiming “[a]t no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin.” [Sun Sentinel]

4. Zimmerman was carrying a 9 millimeter handgun. Martin was carrying a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea. [ABC News]

5. Martin weighed 140 pounds. Zimmerman weighs well over 200 pounds. [Orlando Sentinel; WDBO]

6. Martin’s English teacher described him “as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness.” [Orlando Sentinel]

7. Martin had no criminal record. [New York Times]

8. Zimmerman “was charged in July 2005 with resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer. The charges appear to have been dropped.” [Huffington Post]

9. Zimmerman called the police 46 times since 2004. [Daily Beast]

10. According to neighbors, Zimmerman was “fixated on crime and focused on young, black males.” [Miami Herald]

11. Zimmerman “had been the subject of complaints by neighbors in his gated community for aggressive tactics” [Huffington Post]

12. A police officer “corrected” a key witness. “The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.” [ABC News]

13. Three witnesses say they heard a boy cry for help before a shot was fired. “Three witnesses contacted by The Miami Herald say they saw or heard the moments before and after the Miami Gardens teenager’s killing. All three said they heard the last howl for help from a despondent boy.” [Miami Herald]

14. The officer in charge of the crime scene also received criticism in 2010 when he initially failed to arrest a lieutenant’s son who was videotaped attacking a homeless black man. [New York Times]

15. The police did not test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. A law enforcement expert told ABC that Zimmerman sounds intoxicated on the 911 tapes. Drug and alcohol testing is “standard procedure in most homicide investigations.” [ABC News]

16. In a cell phone call moments before his death, Martin told a teenage girl that he was “hounded by a strange man on a cellphone who ran after him, cornered him and confronted him.” “‘He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man,’ Martin’s friend said. ‘I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run.’ Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he’d managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin. ‘Trayvon said, ‘What, are you following me for,’ and the man said, ‘What are you doing here.’” [ABC News]

17. Police have Trayvon Martin’s cell phone but never contacted his girlfriend. [Miami Herald]

18. Zimmerman told the police “he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck.” “He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.” [Miami Herald]

19. The incident occurred in a tiny gated community Zimmerman patrolled regularly. [Miami Herald]

20. Zimmerman was not a member of a registered Neighborhood Watch group. Zimmerman also violated basic Neighborhood Watch guidelines by carrying a weapon. [ABC News]
Old 05-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #30
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
...And YOU are taking sides and trying the case in public...I am not!
The only side I am taking is the one that offers "liberty and justice for all"