HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Question Ez plate system

Anyone on here have any experience running the "EZ-PLATE" carb spacer system (ajustable restrictor plate set up) instead of a throttle stop ?
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Ez plate system

I know some racers that use the Willy's adjustable plate to adjust their cars ET and it works well for them. No plate to remove. One screw to adjust is all it takes and it's infinitely adjustable.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I have already talked to these guys about one for my car and hope to order it in the next week. With all the index racing in my area it seems like a good idea that will allow me to protree race in my area because none of these index races allow throttle stops. Get the whole system for a little under $400 and each plate is equal to .015 to .02
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Steve Baughman uses one in SST in D1 and it works ok for him because he only is slowing the car a few .10 's.
I know a few foot brake racers who use it to keep their cars at the 9.00 minimum ET for Pro ET.
The effective limit seems to be about .5 sec from what I've been told.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Ez plate system

This would sure get rid of those expensive mega motors and cars running 30-40 MPH faster than they should be for the et. You would accually see a heads up side by side race with out the stumble. Maybe the spectators would watch again.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Long time ago the e.t break here was 8.00 1/8th mile. Tracks let you run both classes. We used restrictor plates to slow down to 7.90's so we could run both. There are tricks to running a plate for consistency though. I can't tell you may want to try one again.
chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Wheelie58

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have seen guys running that system in the NHRA Unleashed index classes with good results. For people with carburetors, it looks like a simple way to adjust ET.
Keith
Wheelie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
This would sure get rid of those expensive mega motors and cars running 30-40 MPH faster than they should be for the et. You would accually see a heads up side by side race with out the stumble. Maybe the spectators would watch again.
Again with the crap about the super classes? Really? What do you care anyway? Do you even race a super class? We are NOT going to attract more spectators with changes to the super classes. Look at Norwalk, they have the very same classes every other division race has and they have a packed house. Because they know how to promote a race! I cracks me up that some people think that if we get rid of throttle stops then "POOF" the spectators will appear. Sorry that isn't going to happen! Most spectators want to watch something loud and fast, which super classes are neither. That is why the stands are packed for the fuel classes at a National. Most fans don't know enough about the cars to enjoy watching anything but the loud and fast cars. If you want to talk about a confusing class, what about comp. Try once to explain that to an average spectator.

Although I would like to see more fans at the races, I am there for me not the fans. If NHRA ever figures out how to promote like Bader does maybe we will start to have some fans at the division races. Until then, stop trying to change around the classes to suit your interests.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

Ryan,
You are correct about promotion of races(or lack of it) , but you have named the wrong party being responsible of promoting Divisional events. A NHRA or IHRA race is a product "Sold" to the owners of the race track. It is not IHRA or NHRA's responsibility to promote the race. (Now there may be some clause in the contract about ads in the organizations "House" magazines) The "Product" they sell is the race. Some track owners are great promoters and use the "product" to attract fans/spectators to the event. Other track owners or managers only care about making money off the racers that attend the race. So don't knock either IHRA or NHRA for the lack of spectators at any divisional event.
There is a break even or "Crack the nut" point based only on car count. Any car count over that point is on the + side of the ledger for the track owners.
I have always considered spectators as the real profit center of the race.
The Baders know the product and they also know how to promote it to their market. There are others like the Baders , but there are many that have no idea how to fill the stands or just take the easy way out and settle for making money off the racers.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 06-15-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
The LL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS310C View Post
.... some people think that if we get rid of throttle stops then "POOF" the spectators will appear. Sorry that isn't going to happen! Most spectators want to watch something loud and fast, which super classes are neither.

Although I would like to see more fans at the races, I am there for me not the fans. ....Until then, stop trying to change around the classes to suit your interests.
could not have said it better myself. let me also add that there are non-throttle stop classes that do not resonate with fans. look at pro stock bike. when those guys pull up to the box the crowd runs like plague.
The LL is offline   Reply With Quote