HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield
Default Dzus Fastener Sizing

Can somebody help me size / select a Dzus fastener? What I want is what I would call a button-head Dzus fastener with an ALLEN (Hex) drive (this is going in an area with limited clearance, and a standard Dzus tool will have a hard time getting in there). I don't need anything that's self-ejecting, just the Dzus (I think they actually refer to them as buttons) itself.

Moroso APPEARS to make what I want, but I can't match the dimensions to ANY dimensions of the Dzus I currently have. The size I have (and would need to make sure that the shaft diameter and length were the same) is as follows:

Head Diameter: 0.675"
Shaft Diameter: 0.406" (0.400" nominal?)
Overall Length: 0.775"
Shaft Length: 0.660" (from bottom of button head to end of shaft)

I don't care about the material (the ones I have now are steel, which is fine), and I generally don't care about cost because I only need two of them (though I know I'm probably going to need to buy 10). The only things I really care about is that it works in place of the fastener that I have now (I'd prefer them to be silver-ish in color, but really they could be any color).

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: Dzus Fastener Sizing

Jason

Try Lonestar racing they have always had any dzus i needed

here is the link

http://www.lonestarracing.com/shop/index.php
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

also try speedway motors, good people there
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Jason Oldfield

Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Nope. But thanks for the link Lee. I will definitely put them down in my "shopping" links, as it appears that they do carry lots of good stuff (and I do need LOTS of stuff at the moment.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Jason Oldfield

Thanks David, but I didn't see them on Speedway Motors either. They do have an interesting hollow-steel quarter-turn fastener that could work, but it doesn't look like it's long enough.

On a slightly related note, it appears my Dzus specification question may be answered, as from the Speedway Motors website it looks like Dzus fasteners are specified ONLY by the reach (length from the bottom of the button head to the end of the fastener)??? That seems very odd to me as it leaves the rest of the dimensions pretty ambiguous, especially since it doesn't appear that the manufacturing of said fasteners isn't monitored by some type of standards organization (but, maybe I'm wrong about that).

Keep the suggestions coming...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
XSTOCKER

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Try these guys
http://www.skybolt.com/
XSTOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
diceman1530

Try theese guys they make the buttons in steel or aluminum,flat head or button head
http://www.fullborerace.com/
Old 04-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Jason, You have an excellent resource right in New York, Behrents Racing, Panelfast division. They have an excellent assortment and an easy to use sizing chart. ...Tom
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Jason, You have an excellent resource right in New York, Behrents Racing, Panelfast division. www.panelfast.com. They have an excellent assortment and an easy to use sizing chart. ...Tom
Old 04-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Jason Oldfield

Tom / Ray,

Thanks guys. Both of those not only educated me on how to measure the fasteners, but they also both appear to have EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Funny thing is Tom, about 10 minutes before I read your post I said to myself, "I wonder if Behrent's has anything." I found one on their main website that I thought would work, but it wasn't until I went to the Full-Bore website and figured out how to measure the dang things that I found that Behrent's (PanelFast and Full-Bore) had EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Thanks again...I should have just posted my question on here a couple of days ago rather than wasting my precious time searching all over for something I would have never found...