HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #41
Paul Precht

Liked 234 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Johnny Williams RIP

I always enjoyed chatting with Johnny and talking about different Olds combos, I have a pic of both of our cars sitting in the paint shop, RIP Big Guy.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:34 AM   #42
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts

So sorry to hear this. A really good guy and fun to talk to . God Speed
Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #43
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Johnny was always good for a laugh or two when he came to races I was at. I'll miss his Cajun demeanor. RIP.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #44
WitchyWoman

Liked 144 Times in 13 Posts

So sad, such a great loss. The friendliest guy in racing, always smiling and glad to see you. If we're here to set an example, he set the best. Well done, Johnny. RIP.
WitchyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #45
Ultimate Converter Concepts
Sponsor

Liked 59 Times in 12 Posts
Unhappy Re: Johnny Williams RIP

Very sad and tragic news. I have known Johnny as a friend and a customer for many years and was a pleasure to know . Always upbeat and positive no matter what the situation. We have talked recently in regards to his health, as we were both battling a common foe, although his was a lot more complex than mine. Johnny did what he always does and kept his problems to himself as not to burden anyone with what was going on with him personally and concentrating on being the positive guy he always was, always a helpful hand and a kind word for all. We will miss Johnny and pray for his family, who he loved dearly, at this sad time. RIP and God Speed brother!
Ultimate Converter Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #46
SS wanna be

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

RIP Johnny! Such a nice guy gone too soon!
SS wanna be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #47
ss125h

Liked 81 Times in 29 Posts

I was very saddened to hear this news. Johnny was a great racer, & a good friend. Our thoughts & prayers are with his family. God bless.... Glen
ss125h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #48
impstocker

Liked 54 Times in 16 Posts

Johnny helped me years ago at Lebanon Valley ASRA Stock/SS race. I blew my rear he had extra gearset also crawled under car help me install so I could still race. Also met up doing test & tune together, he is in other lane on a YouTube video of my 68. One of the nicest people I have met racing, my prayers.

Will Lamprecht
impstocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #49
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Johnny A. Williams, born in 1957 in New Orleans, LA, former resident of Baton Rouge, LA and current resident of Smithfield, RI, passed away January 6, 2015 with his family by his side.
He was the husband of Audrey (Duncan) Williams whom he married May 5, 1987 and son of the late Jimmy Gurney and Barbara Hatter.

Mr. Williams worked ten years as a diesel mechanic for Johnson and Wales, Providence, retiring in 2013. He also worked as a machine operator for Local 57, Providence for many years and served six years with the Marines.
Johnny was a racing enthusiast, coached basketball for SYBA, coached football for the Northern Vikings and coached track and field for Smithfield High School and St. Raphael Academy, Pawtucket. He was a smart, funny, stubborn and strict man who always enjoyed good conversation.

Besides his wife, his is survived by his grandmother, Lillian Gins; his siblings, Gwendolyn Nixon, Sandra McKneely-Clark, Nathaniel Honore, Eugene Nicholas and Calvin Nicholas; his children, Casandra Jackson, Johndell Williams, Jonathan Bates, Johnny Williams, Jr., Keesler Gomes, Michelle Williams and Michael Williams; his grandchildren, Jon-Vielle Williams, Kamaria Williams, Johnathan Bates, Julieanna Williams, Demeter Dixon, Jameka Gordon, Brandon Dixon, Dominick Bruno, Sabrina Reimiller, Jason Williams, Roderick Kemmerer and Joshua Bates and his great granddaughter, La'Vi Mous.

His funeral will be held Sunday, January 11, 2015 beginning with visitation at 3 PM followed by a service at 5 PM in St. James Baptist Church, 340 South Main St., Woonsocket. Burial will be private.

Arrangements are under the direction of the Holt Funeral Home, 510 South Main St., Woonsocket. www.holtfuneralhome.com
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #50
Chevellewagon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for the information Greg. I will pass this on.
Chevellewagon is offline   Reply With Quote