HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: Aquasco Speedway

So that's where my slicks went :-) I bought the Grand Prix about thirty years ago from Bruce after he let it sit under a tree for about ten years. Then I let it sit under another tree for another five years untill somebody wore me out to buy it. Got a call from Frank telling me to come by and get some original paper work he had for the car but never did. Last time I saw him , Jack Cassedy and I went to see him in the hospital just before cancer got him. Strange, now cancer's taken Jack too. Don't know if you knew Eddie Lawrence 63 Pontiac sw Wampum Wagon , cancer got him too just after Jack. If you add in Juice (Bob Maxie) and Max Sterling (White Lighting) damn cancer has sure been hard on my old Pontiac boys. ---------At one time I had Franks GP Gene Calhoun's Arapaho and Al Sylvesters 62 Super Duty-----Boy would I love to have them back!--------Danny
Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Dan Lattimore

Smile Re: Aquasco Speedway

Dale-----What's Cooksey doing? I wonder what Debbie looks like 40 years later and your memory's going away with your hair :-) -----$50.00
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 54 Times in 32 Posts
Talking Re: Aquasco Speedway

check that out two of my personal hero's (Uncle Danny and Dale) talkin bout the ol'times in one thread... George told me you asked about me the other night Danny, thanks for checking in on me. I start back at AED this coming monday, Geo is gonna try and have my machine work and heads done in March so i can get back to racing. I'll keep in touch..Oh by the way I heard from Tommy Cooksey about a week or so ago. Hes doing good, sold the race cars and got a motorhome just out camping...Talk to you soon
Lil Duane
p.s. Aquasco was already closed when i was born, but ive heard plenty of stories about it from when i worked for Gene Calhoun before he closed his speed shop............
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
Dale Shannon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lattimore View Post
Dale-----What's Cooksey doing? I wonder what Debbie looks like 40 years later and your memory's going away with your hair :-) -----$50.00
Cooksey is retired and like Dwayne said camping in a nice MH pusher with all the slide-outs. (ruffing it) have not seen Debbie for yrs. moved to fredricksburg. Remember the old black mustang the day the steering came out of the column and I wouldnt drive it and you got in held the wheel down and made a pass. Remember a lot of good times with you guys in Va.
Dale Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan lattimore View Post
dale-----what's cooksey doing? I wonder what debbie looks like 40 years later and your memory's going away with your hair :-) -----$50.00
lol................
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #16
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Quote:
So that's where my slicks went :-) I bought the Grand Prix about thirty years ago from Bruce after he let it sit under a tree for about ten years. Then I let it sit under another tree for another five years untill somebody wore me out to buy it. Got a call from Frank telling me to come by and get some original paper work he had for the car but never did. Last time I saw him , Jack Cassedy and I went to see him in the hospital just before cancer got him. Strange, now cancer's taken Jack too. Don't know if you knew Eddie Lawrence 63 Pontiac sw Wampum Wagon , cancer got him too just after Jack. If you add in Juice (Bob Maxie) and Max Sterling (White Lighting) damn cancer has sure been hard on my old Pontiac boys. ---------At one time I had Franks GP Gene Calhoun's Arapaho and Al Sylvesters 62 Super Duty-----Boy would I love to have them back!--------Danny
Yeah.......The good ole days. Lots of fun for not a lot of money. I remember all of those Pontiac guys except Eddie Lawrence but I remember the car. I would love to have Al Sylvesters SD Cat. today alo. I also remember Sam Samuels 60 SD star chief. I also remember Pop Kennedy always dressed like a gentelman. Nice clothes and wore a dress hat to the track. Threads like this always brings back memories.
P.S. Im into street rodding now. Lots of fun. I have a 1935 Chev. 3 window coupe with a ZZ4 crate engine and 700R4. Air, heat, CD, power windows, Same color as my Harley(Black Cherry color with flames). Beats watching TV. I wish all of us left good health and long happy lives. To many have passed away.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
Dan Lattimore

Duane-----Glad to hear you're heading back to AED and things are looking up (but you probably need some new heros :-) ) Dale-------- Yes I remember that day well. You said "bring it out on the floor and shift it at 9500!" for somebody that shifted at 6200 those numbers made me pucker! it still went in the tens at about 3000 feet. That old Ford would outrun my Olds with two dead cylinders :-) Terry------I'm jealouse as hell ! you're the example I use when I describe the perfect way to retire. Lots of good times and great people from when we all had more hair and less chins.---------------Danny
Old 01-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

For you viewing pleasure

http://www.atomicpinup.com/Aquasco_Speedway.html

Got this from Mr. Bill Goodwin, he probably shot some of the footage

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Talking Re: Aquasco Speedway

Quote:
Duane-----Glad to hear you're heading back to AED and things are looking up (but you probably need some new heros :-) ) Dale-------- Yes I remember that day well. You said "bring it out on the floor and shift it at 9500!" for somebody that shifted at 6200 those numbers made me pucker! it still went in the tens at about 3000 feet. That old Ford would outrun my Olds with two dead cylinders :-) Terry------I'm jealouse as hell ! you're the example I use when I describe the perfect way to retire. Lots of good times and great people from when we all had more hair and less chins.---------------Danny
Danny....I forgot to tell you....My ZZ4 CHEVY crate engine has old 56 Oldsmobile valve covers on it with adapters.....LOL. A lot of guys who look at it at shows think it really is an OLDS......I just tell them yeah, its an Olds....Heh Heh
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
81camaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hello terry, duane and danny, when you mentioned al sylvesters sd pont, he drove that car to the track and towed the super stock 426 ply with a buick, i went with al and unbolted his cutouts, one night at manassas he blew the pontiac , so we towed it and drove the ply back to al's mom house in dc, those where the days, see you this summer, bill and barb
81camaro is offline   Reply With Quote