HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #761
KEN BUGAJ

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Look NHRA added the Div2 1/8 mile races to help the division, They have never been a strong division car count wise. Nationals we're good but the division was weak. You now have more races and they invited crate motor cars in. Have fun enjoy the time you have racing. If they pass NHRA tech let them run. And never mind the dilute the class nonsense ! Real stocker's we're gone a long time ago.

Last edited by KEN BUGAJ; 02-19-2018 at 01:18 PM.
KEN BUGAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #762
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN BUGAJ View Post
Look NHRA added the Div2 1/8 mile races to help the division, They have never been a strong division car count wise. Nationals we're good but the division was weak. You now have more races and they invited crate motor cars in. Have fun enjoy the time you have racing. If they pass NHRA tech let them run. And never mind the dilute the class nonsense ! Real stocker's we're gone a long time ago.
Now there is a statement . Like X2
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #763
Birch motor cars

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Cool Re: Crate Motor Class

It's pointless discussing this any more.

Last edited by Birch motor cars; 02-19-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Pointless
Birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #764
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

And you can be Number one qualifier at Indy with legal stuff, but it does take more work than money.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #765
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,596 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch motor cars View Post
Here you go James, POST#611 goes by Ken Bugaj. I called him out for calling Crate Motor cars budget racers. He hits me back with this.

QUOTE=Birch motor cars;555895]Hold on there Ken, Budget racers ??? You must have meant to say Legal racers !!! Your implying your running illegal because you spend 5k on your stock cant do anything to heads. Xx What I was saying is that most crate motor guys won't spend the 5K to Port & Polish head's & intake then cover it up. They'll do the basic legal head work.

I told him to look at what he just admitted to in his post. You cant do any of that in stock. He in a sense is correct to the point that I did do the legal head work allowed, I didn't cover anything up.
So where do you plan on racing. I don’t believe there were any ihra tracks in Iowa
Or do you just have a hard on for Cooter.
Birch Motors? I believe your a car salesman or something Tirekicker
Drag racing cost $$$$ so get over your bracket car. It cost $$.
At least Cooter is a D2 racer. Do You Even Race?
Old 02-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #766
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
So where do you plan on racing. I don’t believe there were any ihra tracks in Iowa
Or do you just have a hard on for Cooter.
Birch Motors? I believe your a car salesman or something Tirekicker
Drag racing cost $$$$ so get over your bracket car. It cost $$.
At least Cooter is a D2 racer. Do You Even Race?
D2/D1 I thought I had been somewhat adopted into D1 also Perrone!
My point is this, if they want to prove there is an opportunity for NHRA they better be loading up prepared to come in droves to prove it. When IHRA had the Sportsman Spectacular races I loved the idea, so much so I traveled to Memphis to run one(16 hours). Are thsee guys prepared to do that?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #767
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
D2/D1 I thought I had been somewhat adopted into D1 also Perrone!
My point is this, if they want to prove there is an opportunity for NHRA they better be loading up prepared to come in droves to prove it. When IHRA had the Sportsman Spectacular races I loved the idea, so much so I traveled to Memphis to run one(16 hours). Are thsee guys prepared to do that?
Cooter you are adopted by D-1, they don't understand Real class racing. I raced a few Ihra races myself. Give up the wining and build a class car. Your 1/2 way there, so put in the right motor and your racing life will be good again.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #768
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
On purpose...My spell check works. I'm about as good at spelling as you were @ checking cars ..! LOL, Just kiddin.......
For a long time I was all IHRA had to check stock and S/S. I learned to check a stocker (pre 1985) cam from Greg X. and Marty Barrett. Both great tech guys. I trained the late Hank Blankinship, and a few others. The good guys IHRA had have all died off or threw in the towel. Kenny Shawver of Defiance Transmissions was a great help when he came in. He to gave it up. Oh well its all history now. I was razzin you about "Madder".
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #769
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
For a long time I was all IHRA had to check stock and S/S. I learned to check a stocker (pre 1985) cam from Greg X. and Marty Barrett. Both great tech guys. I trained the late Hank Blankinship, and a few others. The good guys IHRA had have all died off or threw in the towel. Kenny Shawver of Defiance Transmissions was a great help when he came in. He to gave it up. Oh well its all history now. I was razzin you about "Madder".
Its all good Terry. I didn't know Kenny was a tech guy. No wonder he was so sneaky fast ...And Hank and his wife were two of the nicest folks in racing . The highlight of IHRA was the Top Stock days. It actually looked for a short period as if they were going to give NHRA a run for the money ... But your right...its all history now
Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #770
Birch motor cars

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Very well said Crate Camaro. I to have expressed my opinions and said the same as you, only to be herded to the rear of the bus like trash. I really think these hatters need to have a good look in the mirror. When all of the 60 + year old farts die off and the class dies maybe they will think differently about crates. You are correct about our engines not being any different then a part number. Besides all of the stuff in the rule book on different parts that are acceptable now just makes there engines more of a crate engine then what we run. Our combo is more stock and runs faster then what they run is why they cant stand us.
Birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote