HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Caperat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pinto Spindles

Does anyone have for sale or know where to buy Pinto spindles for a 1970, 71,72, or 73 model? I was told that they changed in the 1974 model. ---- Thanks
Caperat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
ray sowers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pinto Spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caperat View Post
Does anyone have for sale or know where to buy Pinto spindles for a 1970, 71,72, or 73 model? I was told that they changed in the 1974 model. ---- Thanks
I have a set of stock Pinto spindles, calipers, rotors, I found a wrecked Pinto in a junk yard that had been rear ended with heavy damage. The rotors and calipers were new and were still clean.
The Pinto was one of the earlier ones before 1974, we have an old Jegster Pinto front end unit and I bought the parts for it some time ago and dont think we will use it.
ray sowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
70-72 are the same, 73-80 are different...
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
Jeff Kempton

Liked 47 Times in 23 Posts

I ran into this same problem a few years back. Does anyone know if the later control arms and/or spindles will bolt on to the earlier crossmember, or is everything about them different? If the later ones will bolt on, then availability isn't an issue. I'm guessing it's not that simple?
Jeff Kempton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kempton View Post
I ran into this same problem a few years back. Does anyone know if the later control arms and/or spindles will bolt on to the earlier crossmember, or is everything about them different? If the later ones will bolt on, then availability isn't an issue. I'm guessing it's not that simple?

if some pics of the later pinto/MII stuff would help, i can shoot some of the stuff i put under one of my americans....
i DON'T thing any of it is interchangable, though...
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Caperat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Is it possible Ray that you could check to see if they are off a 70 to 72 model as a friend of mine would like to buy them. Thanks
Caperat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
ray sowers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Thanks guys. Is it possible Ray that you could check to see if they are off a 70 to 72 model as a friend of mine would like to buy them. Thanks
As best I remember the parts were off a 1970 to 1972 Pinto. I will have to go to my pole barn to check it out. I also have the four a-arms, upper and lower along with the original early rack and pinion unit.
I also have a later model Pinto rack and pinion unit, probably 1973/1974, Ray.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
ray sowers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray sowers View Post
As best I remember the parts were off a 1970 to 1972 Pinto. I will have to go to my pole barn to check it out. I also have the four a-arms, upper and lower along with the original early rack and pinion unit.
I also have a later model Pinto rack and pinion unit, probably 1973/1974, Ray.
I have checked the pole barn, have the pair of Pinto spindles that were pulled be me in a junk yard. They still have the roters and calipers attached, I pulled the spindles by taking them off the upper a-arm and lower suspension piece. I really do not know for sure what year they are but think they were 1971/1972.
The older rack and pinion was a 1972, I had marked it, and the later model rack and pinion was a 1973, I had marked it too. They were not pulled by me and I bought them used at a junk yard.
All this was back in the mid 1990's as best I remember, Ray