HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2023, 02:53 PM   #11
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Democrat Indictment

We need term limits. I’m not sure if that should go all the way to the Supreme Court or not. But definitely for pretty much all other positions in government. I don’t know why I say stop at the Supreme Court either. I guess because it’s such a circus every time we need a new justice. And we need higher quality candidates at all levels of government. From local township to the White House. I mean if Joe Biden and Donald Trump with all their problems. Are the best 2 people we can come up with in this country to lead it. We’ve got major problems besides the ones we already know about. That said. Nobody decent will run. Because as soon as you start talking. About putting your name on the ballot. The media and the opposition starts to deconstruct your life. And try to destroy you with any missteps you’ve made in life. No matter how small. What decent, honest and capable person would want to put themselves and their family’s through that? So we get the garbage we get.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 07:03 PM   #12
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

I will let you guys sort this out .. All I want to know is WHO was on that island ????. … You know, with the UNDERAGE boys AND girls.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 12:51 AM   #13
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 250 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
We need term limits. I’m not sure if that should go all the way to the Supreme Court or not. But definitely for pretty much all other positions in government. I don’t know why I say stop at the Supreme Court either. I guess because it’s such a circus every time we need a new justice. And we need higher quality candidates at all levels of government. From local township to the White House. I mean if Joe Biden and Donald Trump with all their problems. Are the best 2 people we can come up with in this country to lead it. We’ve got major problems besides the ones we already know about. That said. Nobody decent will run. Because as soon as you start talking. About putting your name on the ballot. The media and the opposition starts to deconstruct your life. And try to destroy you with any missteps you’ve made in life. No matter how small. What decent, honest and capable person would want to put themselves and their family’s through that? So we get the garbage we get.
the main problem the people in congress would have to pass a bill that would put them without a job
David Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 09:04 AM   #14
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
the main problem the people in congress would have to pass a bill that would put them without a job
I agree and can add my point of view.
The biggest issue with the politicians is an ego problem in my opinion.
Most of our elected officials have huge ego’s and power of the office is what they crave, not to serve we the people.
That is not the case for all but many are just egotistical and only in politics for what they get out of it. What they get out of political office feeds their ego and in some cases financial gain (grift).
I had a cousin about my age get elected to state office in the 1970’s. He served only one or two terms and got completely out of politics. When I asked him why he told me someone was always trying to give him something for doing something for them in the future politically. He said it was something he could not do anymore. I believe he was someone with ethics.
The country is in very deep trouble and I don’t know how we ever come back with things the way they are.
To me we look like a Banana Republic more each day.
Just my 10 cents which was 2 cents a short time ago before inflation and it does not seem to be getting better. Just pay attention when you go to the grocery store.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Last edited by 63corvette; 10-16-2023 at 09:07 AM.
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:49 PM   #15
Steve Grady

Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts

Where does our Constitution say we have to have "inexperienced lawyers" as our representatives? Elections are term limits. Voters need to use them as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post
All BS, nothing is going to change in our Government till we get rid of lobbyists, term limits will only make it worse.
I can't even imagine the chaos with having 500 inexperienced lawyers running the Government of the most powerful Country on the planet. Crazy!
Old 10-16-2023, 11:37 PM   #16
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
I will let you guys sort this out .. All I want to know is WHO was on that island ????. … You know, with the UNDERAGE boys AND girls.
They’ll start WW3, let the Russians nuke us and kill us all. Before they’ll let that cat out of the bag. Too many politicians, extremely rich people and Hollywood types involved. For them to tell the truth on that.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote