HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #21
Paul Sarvas

Liked 172 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Is your life worth one more pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
It makes no sense, that if I want to sit down and eat at a restaurant it negatively impacts anybody’s health but my own...

If you have the bug, isn't there a chance could infect other people in the restaurant?

pS
Paul Sarvas is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #22
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
If you have the bug, isn't there a chance could infect other people in the restaurant?

pS
"IF" he has "the bug", the only people whom he will have the "chance" of infecting "in the restaurant" would be like minded people that were willing to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" by going to the restaurant. "IF" YOU don't want to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" then don't go to the restaurant. It's Bob's "right" to go to the restaurant if he so desires and it's YOUR "right" to not go to the restaurant if you feel unsafe doing so.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:19 AM   #23
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post

pS
The virus is here and going to be here for the foreseeable future. Should the whole country " shelter in place" for the foreseeable future? We were told " flatten the curve". Seems like that has happened. For the record I am in public transportation and have not stopped working through this crisis. Much slower. Not all of us can or choose to hunker in with our freezer full of ice cream and tell others what to do. Chance I could infect someone.? Yesterday morning I drove an elderly lady with copd to covid-19 testing.She was about 2 feet away from me for 20 minutes. If she is willing to take a risk and ride with me I was willing to take her.

Last edited by farmco r/sa; 05-06-2020 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added some stuff
farmco r/sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #24
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Is your life worth one more pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Grubbs View Post
Bill, I agree with you completely, without reservation!

I served this country in the USAF for 24 years; so I am very familiar with freedom and liberty. However, with alcohol/Mary Jane sales and the requisite drunk/stoned driving, your freedom and liberty to do whatever you want infringes on my health and safety. If you want to jeopardize your health and your life; that's fine with me. But, in this case, you are jeopardizing my health and my life and that is not acceptable.

Bill Grubbs

Thanks for your service Bill. Always like seeing you and Brenda when you guys make the trip to Denver in July.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #25
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Every war this nation has ever fought there has been a loss of civil liberties (do a little homework), let there be no doubt in your mind that Covid-19 is an enemy of humanity and this is a war. The only difference is the soldiers of this battle are the first responders, they are on the front line everyday fighting the good fight. Out of respect for those that are dying to save lives, KEEP YOUR *** AT HOME. So far my wife and I have had three family members with full blow virus to include my wife’s 86 year old godmother and my oldest daughter was exposed. If you need help, post it, I will buy you a bag of groceries. Man-up and do what you need to do to keep yourself, your family and your neighbors safe. I would rather spend the rest of summer locked down than spend the rest of summer burying my family and friends.

– Major General Chesty Puller, USMC – while on a Battalion inspection. “Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #26
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
"IF" he has "the bug", the only people whom he will have the "chance" of infecting "in the restaurant" would be like minded people that were willing to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" by going to the restaurant. "IF" YOU don't want to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" then don't go to the restaurant. It's Bob's "right" to go to the restaurant if he so desires and it's YOUR "right" to not go to the restaurant if you feel unsafe doing so.

How about the people who work at the restaurant. Some of them may not have wanted to go back to work, but their state said if you don't go back to work when called you lose your unemployment.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #27
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

You guys want to use data, science and facts ( which has not been close to accurate since the start) We had one of the worst flu and pneumonia seasons going when the virus hit, my kids schools closed 2 different times because of it. The virus hits and the flu and pneumonia cases suddenly disappear??, please give me the number of deaths from the regular flu and pneumonia during this pandemic. Inquiring minds that want to see the whole picture would like to know. It shouldn't be hard to get those numbers, should it??

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #28
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
How about the people who work at the restaurant. Some of them may not have wanted to go back to work, but their state said if you don't go back to work when called you lose your unemployment.

Stan
OK, if you live/work in a State whose Govt. has determined that it's safe to go back then it's your (the employees) "right" to decide if it is safe for you to go back to work. If you decide to not go back to work and you lose your job and/or unemployment benefits, it was your "right" to make that decision. ALL of life's decisions have consequences.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #29
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Every war this nation has ever fought there has been a loss of civil liberties (do a little homework), let there be no doubt in your mind that Covid-19 is an enemy of humanity and this is a war.

I would rather spend the rest of summer locked down than spend the rest of summer burying my family and friends.
Well put Eddie. I agree with you about being locked down verses burying many friends and family.

I start each day with a Prayer for all the front line people and then my family and friends. Each of us needs to do whatever we think is best for them and ourselves. Stop this name calling and bickering amongst each other. We are in this TOGETHER and we will come out the other side if we WORK TOGETHER.

I hope and PRAY that each event that does happen is successful and the virus is not spread any further because of them. We ARE NOT through with this deal yet. With GOD'S help and teamwork from us all we WILL make it. Thanks for the time to vent here a little.

God BLESS all the worker's involved in caring for people with the virus and let them ALL be as safe as possible.

Last edited by Carguy49; 05-06-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #30
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
OK, if you live/work in a State whose Govt. has determined that it's safe to go back then it's your (the employees) "right" to decide if it is safe for you to go back to work. If you decide to not go back to work and you lose your job and/or unemployment benefits, it was your "right" to make that decision. ALL of life's decisions have consequences.

Just like you want a choice so should others have a choice. Your choice should not force someone else choice. Should it?

Lets see where we are at later this summer and if NHRA National Event racing starts back up or not. That will tell the tail.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote