Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

Are you referring to the lake of fire?
Old 05-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #62
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts

This whole discussion started as a request for prayer from those that are BELIEVERS and NON-BELIEVERS for the current situation that our country is going through at this moment and it has cascaded to a discussion of the existence of God and His fairness.

A fact I have learned through my 63 years in this earth is that many that say they do not believe in God, many times end praying when they are in a precarious situation when there is no hope. They grasp to anything they can in such situations. At the end, some end believing that God is real and others find a secular explanation for the outcome.

Romans 2:11 says, "For God does not show favoritism". In a nutshell, it means that God loves both those that believe and not believe in Him. God does loves sinners, He just does not love their sins that go against the Word.

Moreover, it is not about being religious; as a matter of fact, I abhor when the term is used to depict those that believe in God. Even the Pharisee's with all their knowledge of the Scriptures, were sinners because the multiple deeds they committed towards the people, making them just religious men and their hearts was not consecrated to God; only to themselves. Loving and believing in God is a personal relationship between Him and each one of us.

Myself, I am not and have never been the perfect man that God wants me to be and will never be. The Word says in Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard." Yes, there was only one perfect man, the Son of God, Jesus. We all are sinners but by the grace of God, we have been forgiven at the Cross.

I seek Him and His Word everyday and every minute as I breathe in this earth. Although He forgives me for all my sins, it does not mean it is carte blanche for me to continue sinning. I do not follow a church and/or man; I follow God who gave His only Son, Jesus as my Redeemer.

For those that say God does not exist, I PRAY that someday you have the opportunity to experience the real God! I have seen God's hand all through my life since I was a child and through the life of others. I have seen people healed from diseases, like John, saved from catastrophic events, families reunited and a lot more that it would take me months to write about.

To end, I will just leave it at Proverbs 26:12, "There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise."

Last edited by SSDiv6; 05-21-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #63
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

Thank You and God Bless you. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

I am 70 and have been blessed by God many times in those years.

Last edited by Carguy49; 05-21-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Liked
Old 05-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #64
Chevy55

Liked 166 Times in 82 Posts

The precise number of religions in the world is not known but available estimates show the number to be about 4,300, according to Adherents.com.

Estimates suggest that there are at least 100,000 different gods worshiped on earth today and there have been more than that worshiped throughout history.

Are Goddesses Gods?
Some people worship money, is money a God?
Some people think that our President is a God, is he?
Is Satan a God, he is also worshiped?

I think we have a problem!! LOL
Old 05-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #65
BRETV

Liked 596 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post
The precise number of religions in the world is not known but available estimates show the number to be about 4,300, according to Adherents.com.

Estimates suggest that there are at least 100,000 different gods worshiped on earth today and there have been more than that worshiped throughout history.

Are Goddesses Gods?

1 John 5-20-21

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us understanding so that we can know the one true God. And now we live in fellowship with the one true God because we live in fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God,and He is eternal life.
Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

So yes, you can replace the one True God in your heart with things like money, satan,
goddesses or whatever you worship more than God. But there is only one true God and the only way to eternal life is thru His Son Jesus Christ.

So yes, there are alot of people with a big problem, or I should say a big decision. We're all given a choice.

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??

Last edited by BRETV; 05-21-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #66
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post

Are Goddesses Gods?

Since the creation of the world, God has wanted us us to do His will, Still, He has given man the freedom of choice. This freedom has caused man to put his desires first, turn them into a god they worship and idolize, and many times, believe they are gods themselves.

The scriptures have been clear since its inception; there is only One God!

Exodus 20:3-4, “Never have any other god. Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water.

Deuteronomy 6:14, "Never worship any of the gods worshiped by the people around you".

Deuteronomy 32:39, “See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand".

1 John 4:1-2, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."

Interestingly, this scriptures applies to many of the events taking place today in our society...

2 Timothy 3:1-5, "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

Scholars like Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel and many others have tried to dispel the existence of God. The more they researched, the more they learned that God and Jesus are real and not a fantasy or an allegory.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:30 PM   #67
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

I pray every night that we get our freedom back. That the politicians that have over stepped what they are suppose to do loose their jobs in the next election. Think about it. You can go to Walmart, Home Depot, to the package store for booze. The marijuana dispensaries are open so you can get your pot but we forbid you to go to church. Every death is one to many but I fear getting cancer, heart disease or other health issue more than Covid. I hear some people say the new normal and it scares the heck out of me. Holding Church in a parking lot and they still want to shut them down. Tell me in the USA this is not happening. Amen Barry
Old 05-22-2020, 01:50 AM   #68
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,776 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Since the creation of the world, God has wanted us us to do His will, Still, He has given man the freedom of choice. This freedom has caused man to put his desires first, turn them into a god they worship and idolize, and many times, believe they are gods themselves.

The scriptures have been clear since its inception; there is only One God!

Exodus 20:3-4, “Never have any other god. Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water.

Deuteronomy 6:14, "Never worship any of the gods worshiped by the people around you".

Deuteronomy 32:39, “See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand".

1 John 4:1-2, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."

Interestingly, this scriptures applies to many of the events taking place today in our society...

2 Timothy 3:1-5, "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

Scholars like Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel and many others have tried to dispel the existence of God. The more they researched, the more they learned that God and Jesus are real and not a fantasy or an allegory.
Very well stated and researched!

Thank you very much for taking your time to post.....

Your posts on this issue are a both a Blessing and Encouragement

to me.

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 05-22-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Closed Thread