HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 08-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #11
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 98 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: Engine Tear Down

1320 Pro,

tear down within your home division, while possible, would be unlikely. Being a new comer will usually cause a careful and detailed look over for safety items and anything "obvious" If the tech director sees small needs he will ask you to correct them before the next race.

"generally" as stated above, a record run would require a tear down. In addition, an unusually fast performance for your class would bring attention to your combination.

Consider this, class racing is way cool and great fun. Do not let the thought of tear down deter you. Go for it and enjoy.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #12
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
I think the unstated question is : If I'm new and enter my first race, will I have to tear down just because I'm new?

JimR
He seems to want to buy a stock eliminator car that is race ready and isn't sure the original builder was straight up with it. Just concerned in having to answer to other peoples actions when he becomes the car owner.

Dale
Old 08-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #13
1320pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys. That answers a lot. I really don't plan on doing too many national events right away with it. Just want to get my feet wet within the division first. I really didn't want to get into something where I had to tear the engine down monthly during the season.

I'll be in touch and let you know if I can come up with a deal to buy the car and then I am sure I'll have a lot more questions!!
1320pro is offline   Reply With Quote