HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts
Default Saturday Schedule Change at E'Town

Because the weather forecasts are calling for rain, NHRA has announced the following schedule changes for Saturday racing here at Old Bridge Townhip Raceway Park.

There will be no time trials tomorrow for Super Street, Super Comp or Super Gas. Eliminations will start at 10 AM Saturday with the first round of Super Street eliminations.

There will be no additional qualifying runs for Stock Eliminator of Super Stock. Any Stock or Super Stock racer who arrives tomorrow will be added to the bottom of the qualifying order.

Comp Eliminator, Top Dragster and Top Sportsman will have their second and final qualifying sessions tomorrow morning, then go into eliminations.

Jim
jwsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts
Default Re: Saturday Schedule Change at E'Town

Whopping 30% chance of rain tomorrow and banker hours at etown lead to missing a qualifying run? OK so whoever comes now gets added to bottom of the ladder but what happens to any DQ's in stock and super stock? Do they get added to ladder or do they get sent home?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
jwsamuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Whopping 30% chance of rain tomorrow and banker hours at etown lead to missing a qualifying run? OK so whoever comes now gets added to bottom of the ladder but what happens to any DQ's in stock and super stock? Do they get added to ladder or do they get sent home?
Bobby,

The weather forecast is calling for heavy rain and heavy winds tomorrow afternoon.

Stock and Super Stock racers who have not made qualifying runs will be added to the bottom of the ladders. Not sure about the racers who DQ'ed.

Jim
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Jim that is fine and I understand that but it is only Saturday and Sunday looks great. If you wake up in the morning and it is raining then you don't race, fine I understand that, and then you go into eliminations first thing Sunday. Why cancel a day of scheduled racing because the day before they are calling for a chance of bad weather.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VP View Post
Jim that is fine and I understand that but it is only Saturday and Sunday looks great. If you wake up in the morning and it is raining then you don't race, fine I understand that, and then you go into eliminations first thing Sunday. Why cancel a day of scheduled racing because the day before they are calling for a chance of bad weather.
Completely agree.

I think this is backward...if they are calling for heavy rain on Sunday, then try to run the race on Saturday. But what D1 is doing here makes no sense.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
jwsamuel

Quote:
Because there is an early curfew on Sunday. If you don't get far enough into eliminations on Saturday, there is no way to finish the race on Sunday. So the idea is to make sure that they get far enough into eliminations on Saturday so that they can finish Sunday.

The Friday night curfew was 6 p.m. Sunday's curfew is 7:30 p.m. You can't start unmuffled engines before 10 a.m. any day of the week. If you wait until Sunday to start eliminations at E'town, you are likely not to finish them.

Jim
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

I happen to love Englishtown but with their curfews maybe they shouldn't have the race. It is the same thing every time there. Some tracks can't hold a race because they aren't big enough. Maybe it is time to say that a track shouldn't have a race because of the time restraints that limit the racing. It is unfair to take it out on hardworking individuals who may be working and want to show up on Saturday for their one hit.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
jwsamuel

Quote:
I happen to love Englishtown but with their curfews maybe they shouldn't have the race. It is the same thing every time there. Some tracks can't hold a race because they aren't big enough. Maybe it is time to say that a track shouldn't have a race because of the time restraints that limit the racing. It is unfair to take it out on hardworking individuals who may be working and want to show up on Saturday for their one hit.
Perhaps, Brian, but that's not a discussion I am qualified to get into. I only posted this to let people know of the change.

Jim
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts

Weather.com says Virtually no chance of rain until the 30% chance of rain from 4pm-6pm. Then 60% chance at 7pm.. Isnt etown usually secured and on lockdown by 4pm anyway.. No reason to not get the third hit. Sunday has no chance of rain from weather.com either.

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 09-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

I agree with Brian VanPoppel it's time to move this race or stop adding top dragsters and top sportsman ect. when you can't get your normal NHRA eliminators a fair amount of time on the track. I have nothing against TD & TS but this is not the place for extra cars.