Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!! Engine Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gullett View Post
The problem you describe sounds familiar. I assume your combo is a quadrajet. You don't mention if you have tried a different carb. I have seen where a piece of something gets lodged in a jet and basically causes the engine to run extremely lean. It almost sounds like is running on 1/2 the cylinders. Just another idea. When reving the engine up what does the timing do? Does it stay steady?
Have you opened up the carb? What I quoted from Bob happened to me, I put my car in the trailer sounded great went to the track and wouldnt run. I changed fuel pump cleaned all the filters and lines, changed ignition boxes, plugs (which looked 'normal'ish) and wires, cap and rotor, checked timing chain and the timing, etc. was looking at the big dollar carb and thought 'naw it cant be that' put on my spare carb Voila problem solved. Took my carb down to Bob to have it looked at and there was a chunk of orange silicone plugging a jet. To this day I still dont know where that came from but no more running issues, hope this helps.