HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Tri-State S/SS Association

Old 09-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Keystone Raceway results 9/24-25

t was a good and fun time this past weekend at Keystone Raceway Park for the annual P.I.D./Keystone Reunion Nostalgia weekend for our two Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association. Large turnouts in all classes made for some LONG days. This race has grown by leaps and bounds the past few years. And based on the last two, I am worried that it has grown TOO much. Still had a lot of fun.

In our Series, we had 23 cars on Saturday and 21 on Sunday. Less than I had expected, but still a good turnout. On Saturday, we got down to the semifinals (three cars) before the Tree went down, ending the night. It was past two in the morning, so I was not too terribly upset (when we got into our hotel, it was 3:01 am, and was back up at 6:45, so a short night of sleep). I had planned to finish it on Sunday (much like we did at Quaker two weeks ago), but two of the three could not be there Sunday, so we just did a three-way split. Steve Klacik had the bye to the final, and would have run the winner of Chris Bowman and Bob Lowery (Bob and Chris could not return).

On Sunday, all went much better. Brent Darroch took the win, defeating Augustus Adkins, who was in his third final in four years on our Sunday race (the other he was not there) in an all-stickshift final. Semi was Keith Bowman. Brent will go into Hagerstown with a ten point lead over Keith. We were out of there shortly after 8 pm....MUCH better.

Our next (and final two) races will be in Hagerstown MD on November 5-6 for The Annual Mason-Dixon Stock/Super Stock Fall Classic. We hope to see you there !
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: Keystone Raceway results 9/24-25

Although it is apparently of the tracks own choosing, the days are just too long for the track employees. If the tree wouldn't have malfunctioned and a couple of the UMTR classes deciding to stop racing until Sunday due to the dew, the Saturday race would not have finished until well after 3AM. With the track employees being there at probably 7 or 8 am Saturday until 3AM then back Sunday all day, that to me is just too much.

If they are going to pack that much into the day, why not let us and/or some of the other classes that want to start time trials at 9am since the track staff is there anyway. That way, we could run some rounds hopefully closer together and in front of some people.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote