HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #111
Coleydog

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: HP Reduction Request

Just like the old Corvette modifieds in the other post, I love the starting line more so than the finish line. The sounds of the engine screaming and hammer dropping still to this day sends chills up my spine. Don't care who wins just keep bringing them to the line. Average joe spectator loves a chase (faster car going after a slow car) a natural animal response.
Mike
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #112
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrphil View Post
I don't understand what the computer person was complaining about - don't they have to enter an E.T. or an index for EVERY car?
Just think (from any spectator viewpoint) about seeing cars RACING each other instead of "why is that slow car trying to race that fast car" comment every other pair. Might keep people in the stands, maybe even interested.
I think that it might let the average fan help to understand it better. With a little bit of luck it might even lead to a little more interest in the different cars and combos which might lead to a trip into the pits to look at the different cars and combos which might lead to some discussions with the owners of the different cars and combos. Am I running on?

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #113
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Great point, but I don`t understand why?
More work for the tower crew?
Problem is, with the entry fees being $170+50, I don`t think it matters much if spectators show or not.
MJ
MJ,
To NHRA it probably doesn't matter, Esp at points meets. Anything the Racers say about it NHRA seems to consider it unnecessary and maybe an inconvenience. What most racers don't realize is NHRA is already paid and have their money.
For years and years I've heard racers say " NHRA should GIVE a points race to So and So Track". It doesn't work that way at all. There is no GIVE!
The Tracks buy the Points meet from NHRA. The tracks try to make their money back by the money coming through the gate. At one time points meets were so expensive it took about 400 cars entering for a track to break even. I just don't understand why Track owners are not insisting NHRA change rules and procedures that will Grow interest in the sport and fill the stands with spectators. I guess it is because some track owners are short on promotion skills and the desire to promote. When I was running my tracks I found I could promote the races and make more money by putting spectators in the stands than just continually raising entry prices for the racers. It was track owners that got the Alky cars separated from divisional so smaller tracks (tracks that can't handle 400 cars) could make money with a points meet..
In this case I think the track owners are the key to any operational or procedural changes like Index qualifying.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 01-16-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #114
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
In this case I think the track owners are the key to any operational or procedural changes like Index qualifying.
Adger, Been thinking along those lines.
However, I do believe the DD has most, if not all, of the discretion in actual scheduling during a particular event. If he thinks index qualifying , would take more time out of the schedule, for whatever reason, then I don't believe you're going to see it.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #115
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I sent this to Dave Mohn and Ryck Campbell on 1-12. Have not heard back yet.

Happy New Year,
Hope all is well with you and your family. There are a couple of interesting discussions in Class Racer threads. The first, in the interest of spectator appeal, would it be possible to have Stock and Super Stock qualify off their index, or dial-in, to create a "chase"? The slow vs. fast car offers little suspense when they leave together. http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=6553
The second, concerns obsolete combinations. They are the early, mostly forgotten S/S cars, which we don`t see much at the local, Divisional level. Could they be given HP help and return as Stockers in LODRS? http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65507
Here is another link to an extensive photo collection: http://www.georgeklass.net/ss.html

If you have any suggestions for next steps, please join the discussions ,or reply here.
Thank you, Mike Jones A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #116
Joey Bohannon

Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts

If you want the AHFS to work then put a .10 +/- dial-in rule in place. The softer combos would run harder in the event of a heads up and the averages would reflect it, then they would get power when triggered. Just my .02

Joe
Joey Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote