HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation !!WARNING!! Thefts in the pits

Just a warning......I attended the Norwalk Nationals this weekend, I mingled around the pits until 12:00am on Friday night (had 3rd round in the morning). I got up in the morning and unloaded my car. Upon warming up my car my father noted that my EZ-GO custom painted golf cart was missing. I had the keys, and radio faceplate in my RV, and the cart was stolen between 12am and 7am. To make a really long story short we found my golf cart in a back field abandoned (no ignition damage) and trashed. Aparently the people who stole it decided to stack up garbage cans and SMASH into them with my cart.

Damages
1) Smashed Headlight
2) Smashed Windshield
3) Custom Paint Job all scratched and cracked
4) LED accent lighting inoperable
5) Roof bent
6) COVERED in mud

I turns out that there were spectators camping out at the track (the new motor home parking areas) and they all got drunk stole 3 golf carts and trashed them.

Also this year in Atlanta a few RV's were robbed and stole a couple thousand dollars in Cash + credit cards.

So notice to all racers put everything away whenever possible and/or lock up EVERYTHING.
TRUST NOBODY!

P.S. one of the other golf carts that were stolen was the racetracks SECURITY cart! They have REALLY GOOD SECURITY for us!
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: !!WARNING!! Thefts in the pits

Sorry to hear about the cart Chris....

thanks again for the lucky shirt.....it worked great.....

it was that "Chaserfan" retro shirt that I wore on Sunday that screwed me up.....Actually it was probably Al Kenny's 7 thou package....but I'm blaming it on the shirt.....didn't look like my shirt did him any good either....

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Real, real sorry to hear that Chris!
BB
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i guess that track is the suburb of cleveland...................that sucks.............that was always the best thing about running divisionals.............usually the class of people seem to be more family oriented, and never used to have those problems................pretty bad when security looses one........................
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chris/Tom

Really sorry and bumed to hear about your golf cart and bad experience
Norwalk is my local track , and I race there quite often when not chasing points ,,, I've been going there for about 20 years now , never locked or closed my trailer and never had anything come up missing and I'm
one of those racers that is never at his trailer ( usally somewhere else runing off at the mouth ) ,,,,

I doubt if it were any racers , the campers / spectators were all over the area and they could have been form any area NOT JUST CLEVELAND !

Born and raised in Cleveland although I live in a suburb now , I don't think some one from Jersey should assume that because the track is an hour from Cleveland should post and ssume that the theifs were from Cleveland !!!!!

Anyway ,, I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience and hopefully things like that won't happen again .

It was great seeing you and your son and MOST of All "Thank for the Cool T Shirt " ,,, I will wear it with pride specificly when I race against a New Jersey native ,,,,,,

Eddie Arnold ,,, Born and raised in CLEVELAND
Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
Ruth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Chris, nice to meet with ya’s this past weekend….. I was starting to feel like a “Made Man” after "B.S.ing" with ya's a while. The look on your face when Rock introduced you to “ Ruth” was priceless......probably the last name on earth you expected to hear come out of his mouth.

I’m really sorry to hear about your mishap it and hurt a bit when I read about it because we are very proud of what the Bader Family has built over the years and just a bi--- that some low life has to f--- with you stuff.

As you know that track is not in the burbs of Cleveland, and rather nice rural farming community.

Not that Cleveland or the Cleveland burbs are bad…..hell….I have no first hand knowledge ?......but I think this is more of a situation of idiot drunken campers with no value for other peoples property and nothing more.

I have to come clean because about 6 months ago I heard about someone’s cart getting stolen on a Friday night there but thought that it was a rare moment and nothing more.

I hope that this was reported to Norwalk management and to the NHRA so that at least they can monitor the situation a little closer.

It sure would be a b—ch for all them campers if they kicked them out and over to “ Linders lot” because of this, because I’m sure most are just honest fun loving NHRA fans… but I to tell the truth I sure wouldn’t care if they did.

Again a pleasure meeting you ,your dad ,and Im embarrassed to say I forgot the other fellas name...but a good guy for sure.

Regards

Ruth

Dauuuum Colorfull .....looks like I was late on this one to......my .056 to your .002 my life story

Last edited by Ruth; 06-30-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
bmac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was surprized the Baders had campers parked so close to the racers when we pitted at the 2007 Norwalk nationals. A camper trailer with 5 guys who partied all night were parked 6 feet in front of our motorhome and even though I am a late nighter these guys were not great neighbours. I have attended Brainerd for many years and at least they keep the so called fans away from the pits at night.

Brainerd by the way is where I had my golf cart stolen in broad daylight but it was recovered by me when I saw it drive by driven by a couple fans AKA idiots . Security didnt even throw them out because they said my cart looked like there buddys.even though it had my name on it. Now I have a quick disconnect on my steering wheel so the wheel comes in the motorhome at night. I just wouldnt want to have to walk or worse then that lose the blender thats mounted on my cart.
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: !!WARNING!! Thefts in the pits

BLENDER ON GOLF CART?!?
My kind of ride!!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #9
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Lynn...BMac and you guys would get along great........
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
bmac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

look up the macmillan & wife team after racing this week in lebanon valley and you might get a Margaritta
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote