HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Transbrake woes

Bob
If your using the trans king valve body with the internal shifter your problem on the starting line may be procedural. If you shift the trans via a chip or rev control the trans with the shifter in high it will also shift to high internally on the burnout and if you back up and pull it back to low, guess what, your still in hign gear and you will have no trans brake. You need to back up put the trans in low shift to high and back to low to reset the valve body. Try it. I made this mistake (twice) last time out.
Regards
Billy Baer
Greatbaer@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #12
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill,
During the burnout, I shift manually, then go to neutral before pulling shifter back into low gear. The car does shift on an RPM chip. The chip is 7200. And I don't go that high on a burnout. But will try putting it in low gear, then drive then back in low. Sounds like you have about as much trouble as I do. Will be at Bowling Green/Beech Bend next weekend with new motor, new rear-end and plenty of beer. Stop by the trailer, I'll buy you a cold one. Park behind showers by ditch. Red truck and trailer. Thanks again.
Bob
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
Bob
If your using the trans king valve body with the internal shifter your problem on the starting line may be procedural. If you shift the trans via a chip or rev control the trans with the shifter in high it will also shift to high internally on the burnout and if you back up and pull it back to low, guess what, your still in hign gear and you will have no trans brake. You need to back up put the trans in low shift to high and back to low to reset the valve body. Try it. I made this mistake (twice) last time out.
Regards
Billy Baer
Greatbaer@sbcglobal.net

Started out this year with new procedure worked ok until eliminations then right through the lites. Put extra ground from box to body & went over all wiring and it seemed good. Still at a loss any help would be appreciated ..........................
Old 04-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Bob
Do you have a timer lock out? On my dedenbear once i let go of the button i have to wait 5 seconds for the lockout to reset. is it possible that you are locking yourself out of trans brake after the burnout?

Just a thought
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #15
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
Bob
Do you have a timer lock out? On my dedenbear once i let go of the button i have to wait 5 seconds for the lockout to reset. is it possible that you are locking yourself out of trans brake after the burnout?

Just a thought
When I first put the box in that happened and I took out all of the time the factory had set in it (your talking about so you don't hit the brake button down track track ?) At Indy it was at least 10 sec by the time we both got staged. And I'm still looking like an IDIOT. But my wheels did stay on. haha
Old 04-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
MUSTANG3637

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Bob, What Delay Box Do You Use? Did You Switch Trans Brake And Valve Body From A Trans King? I Use Trans King Internal Shift And Brake. Havn't Had A Problem Other Than Rear Clutch Issue. Maybe Internal Pressure Issue. Poss Button,loose Wiring At Connectors.

Jeff D.
MUSTANG3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 AM   #17
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bob, how is the solenoid grounded? If it isn't already, ground it to a good ground not to the trans pan.

BB just a thought.
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #18
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANG3637 View Post
Hey Bob, What Delay Box Do You Use? Did You Switch Trans Brake And Valve Body From A Trans King? I Use Trans King Internal Shift And Brake. Havn't Had A Problem Other Than Rear Clutch Issue. Maybe Internal Pressure Issue. Poss Button,loose Wiring At Connectors.

Jeff D.
Jeff,
The box is Biondo Mega 85 and I checked it when I got back to the trailer.(for time in it on the reset and it was on 0 ) Still running the Trans King thought about changing and going to an air shifter but ran out of winter. As far as pressure I'm usually at 2500rpm on the foot brake before I ever push the button in. The wiring was one thing I did go over this winter and every thing seemed good and tight and was where it was supposed to be, that was when I ran a heavy ground from the box, have wondered about those things that keep electric from running but don't know.

BB-The solenoid is grounded to the trans case / will ground to body and see what happens I know grounds can give ya fits..........

Last edited by Bob Verwold; 04-22-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #19
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Transbrake woes

Ok Bob here is another possibility, if for some reason your trans is not completely in low ,like a mismatched shifter/shift lever in the trans or the shift cable is not mounted to the trans you may not be getting the trans in completely in low and when the motor torques up it may move just enough to put you in high gear and of course the trans brake doesn't work in high grear. Watch to see if your motor moves back and forth when you load the brake it doesn't take very much movement to cause this to happen also make sure the shift lever is correct I can tell you from experience the the Hurst quarter stick is different from most of them.
Regards:
Billy Baer

P.S. Please don't ask me how many times I removed disassembled, re-assembled and re-installed my transmission(s) until I finally figured this particular gremlin out.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #20
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
Ok Bob here is another possibility, if for some reason your trans is not completely in low ,like a mismatched shifter/shift lever in the trans or the shift cable is not mounted to the trans you may not be getting the trans in completely in low and when the motor torques up it may move just enough to put you in high gear and of course the trans brake doesn't work in high grear. Watch to see if your motor moves back and forth when you load the brake it doesn't take very much movement to cause this to happen also make sure the shift lever is correct I can tell you from experience the the Hurst quarter stick is different from most of them.
Regards:
Billy Baer

P.S. Please don't ask me how many times I removed disassembled, re-assembled and re-installed my transmission(s) until I finally figured this particular gremlin out.
Bill, I've got the linkage adjusted so far into low I Sometimes can't get trans into park(the wife is ready with a wheel chalk to throw under the slick when I pull into the trailer). Both the shifter and leaver are B&M, also put a new cable on last year.Will ck for motor movement. Thanks Bob