HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
Dave Polichena

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 7AL or Digital?

Chris, thanks for your input.
Dave Polichena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
sc3347

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Recieved replacement box today and it seems to work fine....just hope it lasts.
sc3347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #23
1752supgas

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Re: 7AL or Digital?

HELP ? I have a Programmable Digital-7 with the hand held #7550 programmer/monitor. The programmer is mounted in the car and always connected to the ignition box. my question is are the settings i read in my hand held monitor the actual settings in the ignition box ? Reason I ask is I have raised my starting line leave RPM and my shift RPM significantly with no change in 60' times ,reaction times or overall ET's. I do not have a laptop to read any info or a playback tac. any help would be appreciated.
1752supgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Exclamation Re: 7AL or Digital?

I have the same stuff and a laptop. The settings you put into the 7550 do stay in the MSD. If you hit Monitor, it will scroll throuogh your settings on the handheld. It can be done, but it is very easy to view this stuff on a laptop. I would suggest that you buy one. The memory and OS required is so minimal any old laptop will do. In fact we carry one in the trailer for that. It is so old, no one would pay anything for it and it works fine for this application. No need to spend a bunch of $$$. Ask around or ask your kids to ask around to see if they have a cheap laptop. I bet for $100-200 you can get what you need. Jim
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a good post on a question asked on www.promodzone.com regarding the 7 Dig. We us ethe 7531 in our Pro Mod car and it will serve as a nitrous controler and has done track retards and traction control which is unnessecary in a .90 car and illegal in everything else. I have a 7AL in my SG car and it's ok and no real trouble but I have a Mallory 7C Digital in may Sc Dragster and I've had one in my last Dragster and it is miles ahead of everything else. I can change my starting line in one second in the waterbox if I want. My shift point retard,start retard all right there from the drivers seat in seconds. I will probably put one in the SG roadster this winter because it is head and shoulders over them all and we sell them all.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote