HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What is your worst reaction time

Thought I would add a little bit of fun as I seen someone mention a bad light in another post. A freind of mine wanted me to run his car at a bracket event. He wanted to see if the car reacted the same way with another driver. This is the first time I had ever been in an electronics car(trans brake and such). He went through the spill and I was ready to go(of course I was sure, um hum, I got it, lets go). I looked over and saw the delay timer and (yes I was that stupid) thought it was some sort of device that would control my ET. Like an idiot I hit the first little button and I got it to 5. I thought to myself "Hell yes. I want to go as fast as it will go and I know it don't run 5's. Never been faster than my 11 sec bracket car". I did my burnout and staged. I hit the transbrake button and waited on the bottom yellow released the button at full throttle banging the chip and nothing. I started looking around and was looking down at the shifter and bang. Car took off like a fat man waiting to eat at Ryans. My reaction time was 5.036 and I walked around looking to my right for several days.
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What is your worst reaction time

Thats awesome......about 8 years ago, the LAST real build I did was of a 67 Galaxy , 351 Cleveland pretty fun and dead consistent brakcet car at 12.6 spot on. Being a weekend cruiser and bracket car it was slick "on the cheap" Well right after it spent 4 months in the paint shop and was looking "right"

Well I went out to 42, looking good, ran great and I finally talked the old man into taking it down the track.

I went over everything with him, line lock, trans brake, etc....and hes sitting at the line tree goes down and hes looking down and around, at buttons and gauges and such well hed never driven a TB ca and well couldnt figure out why he wasnt going (I explained all this to him) the other Guy was long gone and on my third shout of "GO DAMMIT" he finally heard me through the glass and helmet. His hand came off the button to basically throw up in the air and off he went.....lol....2 second....

Total was 14.6.....spot on...lol. (its a big inside joke for us, "Now I dont want to be having to yell GO....pay attention to the tree)

Me probably something like that being distracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Gomez View Post
Thought I would add a little bit of fun as I seen someone mention a bad light in another post. A freind of mine wanted me to run his car at a bracket event. He wanted to see if the car reacted the same way with another driver. This is the first time I had ever been in an electronics car(trans brake and such). He went through the spill and I was ready to go(of course I was sure, um hum, I got it, lets go). I looked over and saw the delay timer and (yes I was that stupid) thought it was some sort of device that would control my ET. Like an idiot I hit the first little button and I got it to 5. I thought to myself "Hell yes. I want to go as fast as it will go and I know it don't run 5's. Never been faster than my 11 sec bracket car". I did my burnout and staged. I hit the transbrake button and waited on the bottom yellow released the button at full throttle banging the chip and nothing. I started looking around and was looking down at the shifter and bang. Car took off like a fat man waiting to eat at Ryans. My reaction time was 5.036 and I walked around looking to my right for several days.
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,725 Times in 543 Posts

at a big money footbrake race they posted "first round worst winning reaction time" would get a biondo practice tree. guy went red to me so i sat there for about 1 min. then went back on converter, ran dead on. they said i wondered who would figure that one out. they would not give me the tree, but they did think it was funny!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Recent screw up. I drove our GT/GA Duster in Baton Rouge at the IHRA national event. Some years ago, we crashed the car, had short time to fix it including a windshield. We could only get a tinted, shaded on the top. It didn't have any effect on anyone until I got in the car. I'm 6.2" and fat so my body don't really go to the bottom of the plastic seat. The shaded area is in the lights. I had two green stage lights, three green lights going down, and one real green which looked like the other lights. The starter kicked the 1/4 panel first and then opened the door and said leave. Not real good.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

I had a .161 RT at an IHRA race in 2005 (at my home track no less). I still have no idea....guess I just missed it.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff, was it Reggie? You should have kicked him back. Thats funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Recent screw up. I drove our GT/GA Duster in Baton Rouge at the IHRA national event. Some years ago, we crashed the car, had short time to fix it including a windshield. We could only get a tinted, shaded on the top. It didn't have any effect on anyone until I got in the car. I'm 6.2" and fat so my body don't really go to the bottom of the plastic seat. The shaded area is in the lights. I had two green stage lights, three green lights going down, and one real green which looked like the other lights. The starter kicked the 1/4 panel first and then opened the door and said leave. Not real good.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I got one to tell on Kevin Helms. At No Problem at the Cajuns, he ran someone is Stock Eliminator. I was in the tower, and his opponent had an .008 or something like that, and Amy Faulk and myself were in the tower looking at the screen when the .136 light comes up. So now I gotta know. He said he put a real high chip in the car which is a 396 stick, when he went to the mat, it was so high, he just lost his place, thought about moving his feet, and then left, hence the .136. Very unusual for a guy who a .030 is a bad light.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #8
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still think I would rather race Kevin that that Simoneaux kid yall got down there. He scares the crap out of me on the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I got one to tell on Kevin Helms. At No Problem at the Cajuns, he ran someone is Stock Eliminator. I was in the tower, and his opponent had an .008 or something like that, and Amy Faulk and myself were in the tower looking at the screen when the .136 light comes up. So now I gotta know. He said he put a real high chip in the car which is a 396 stick, when he went to the mat, it was so high, he just lost his place, thought about moving his feet, and then left, hence the .136. Very unusual for a guy who a .030 is a bad light.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,192 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Gomez View Post
Thought I would add a little bit of fun as I seen someone mention a bad light in another post.
Hey Floyd, you talkin' 'bout me?

I had a really bad weekend, I finally got comfortable in the car. And then just couldn't wake up and hit the tree. First round, anything better than a 0.150 would have been good enough...........................
Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts