Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
qwiked

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: B.J. Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Some of you may remember that BJ and Mike were at Sonoma about 6 weeks ago with the Maverick.
As soon as they got back ,they had to pull the drive train out of it, hone and re-ring the engine, re-work the transmission, transplant it all into a totally new car, re-do the headers, rebuild the brake system (twice), and then rent the Tucson track, (there's no place to test in the Valley in August).
Then as Dan said, drag it half way across the country and finish testing at Noble ,OK.
This is not check book racing, folks. These two are the real deal, and I'm glad to call them my friends.
Couldn't agree more....the real deal for sure.
qwiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,808 Times in 572 Posts

Also...............Some of the nicest folks you will ever meet
at the Track!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #13
Mike Graham

Liked 299 Times in 56 Posts

A Special Thanks from BJ Graham

First, I would like to thanks NHRA for putting on a Spectacular show at Indy. From the time we arrived, stacking, entry, and pitting went seamlessly. I was amazed how the grounds crew got everyone in and settled without a hitch. Everyone was friendly and even helped me out when I got lost.

Thanks to the Haters and Nay-sayers who kept the air waves sizzling during the race. Some of your comments were a bit harsh but mostly, I laughed and was amused. I just love freedom of speech.

Thanks to my family and extended family, fellow racers, and my support group. I received so many text messages that my phone kept going dead. I've never gotten so many friendly waves, hi-fives, thumbs-up, and pats on the back. Oh, maybe that's why my shoulders are so sore. I can't even begin to tell all of you how much it all means to me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Thanks to my fellow U Stock competitors. Captain Jack, it was a pleasure to finally meet and visit with you a bit. You did your best with a .008 light. You get a great Big Hug from me. Good job. Brian Seaburg, you certainly stepped up your game! Your car is such a "sleeper" no one would ever guess you could run so fast and so well. I'm impressed! See you again out west. Gary Summers, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet and visit with you. I heard you were having troubles of your own so I thought best to keep my distance. I certainly understand troubles. Hopefully, we can meet up again some day. I'll look forward to that.

A Special Thanks to my dear friend Angelo Phillips, who worked side-by-side with Mike to accomplish an impossible task. Mike couldn't have done it without you. Thanks to Diana for sharing him with us. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks to Raul Vargas, Dennis Alvey, and Bill North for their contributions to the effort. Kelly, you are tough. Keep up the fight.

A Super Special Thanks to my Best Friend and Husband, Mike Graham, who fulfills my every wish. Your research and hard work paid off. My accomplishments are your accomplishments. We make a great team.

I just wish I could've done a little better in the event race. But then again, I'm sure almost everyone is saying the same thing except one, Congratulations to Indy 2017 Stock Champion Larry Gilley.

All in all, Mike and I had a great time. Miles of Smiles everywhere! We met a lot of new friends and had a ball. It was tons of Fun and isn't that what NHRA racing is all about? FUN!!!
Mike Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #14
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: B.J. Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Some of you may remember that BJ and Mike were at Sonoma about 6 weeks ago with the Maverick.
As soon as they got back ,they had to pull the drive train out of it, hone and re-ring the engine, re-work the transmission, transplant it all into a totally new car, re-do the headers, rebuild the brake system (twice), and then rent the Tucson track, (there's no place to test in the Valley in August).
Then as Dan said, drag it half way across the country and finish testing at Noble ,OK.
This is not check book racing, folks. These two are the real deal, and I'm glad to call them my friends.
Mark, I sooo couldn't agree with you more about Mike and BJ Graham, amongst all of the Stock/Super Stock racers I'm thankful to have met/known over the last 21yrs I've been trying to be a player in this class racing game, Mike and BJ are certainly amongst the people I'm most thankful to know of and have as friends too! Wow on all they had to go through to get ready to go out there, and as Dan man said drag it halfway across the country (I won't go there unless or until my budget improves, and I'm able to make my car run .35 quicker than it does now at sea level), not to overlook the extra miles racers like Mike and Scott Loge and Brian Seaburg traveled....anything over 900 miles is a long tow, and for Mike and BJ, plus Mike, Scott, and Brian (et. al.), to have traveled no less than 1700 to possibly 2400+ for Brian, WOW THAT'S A HAUL....but there's no other drag race like the US NATIONALS!!!!!

See ya in two weeks Mike and BJ up at RMR in SLC!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #15
Philip Saran

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Congratulations to BJ & Mike. They both work hard to accomplish their goals
with determination and sweat equity not a checkbook.

I've known them for 40 years since BJ & I worked for the same Ford Dealship
in SOCAL and am happy to be able to call them friends.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #16
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

Kudos to Mike and B.J for all the efforts they put into their cars. You guys are what Stock Eliminator is all about. Keep up the great work.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #17
gks1050

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Some of the nicest people in racing. Grant Singer
gks1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

BJ & Mike, I only saw a partial picture of your car with Mike in front of it. Do you have a side pic of the entire car, want to see the scheme on it.

Congratulations on your performance, please stay out of Florida, thank you.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA
Old 09-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #19
Scott Loge

Liked 141 Times in 30 Posts

Congrats to Mike and BJ. Had the pleasure of being parked a few cars down and When BJ got out after class, with that smile it was worth the 2370 mile trip to get there. For all those with negative comments I would suggest if you have the guts to ask Mike how easy it was?!?
We were talking about what they accomplished from Sonoma to Indy and I was wore out just listening!
I also had the fortune of getting by BJ first round and the thing that makes it all really hit home was it was the same great lady that shook my hand after.

Congrats to 2 of the hardest working and nicest racers on this great planet.

Scott Loge
Scott Loge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #20
kfickler

Liked 10 Times in 2 Posts

Congratulations!
kfickler is offline   Reply With Quote