HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
SC1448

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

Altalab's AltaCom II and Common Sense Software's Crew Chief 6.0 software program is a real tough combination to beat. Excellent customer service (fast return on phone calls) is a BIG plus for both products (although Don Higgins at Common Sense Software talks a little fast at times for non-techno's like me to absorb). Niether are cheap but both are well worth the investment without question.
Good luck!
-Don
SC1448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
crewchiefpro

Default Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

Thanks for the compliments.

Most importantly I answer the phone even on weekends. No other company has this kind of support. I change and improve our Crew Chief Pro software everyday.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
Mark Schmidt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crew Chief rocks! Gary's customer service is the best in the business. It's only as good as the input, with any system you have to understand how it works to get the most out of it. Crew chief has cut my paper records to zero...love that! Like anything, a second opinion is helpful...for that I use Family Software. I would never fully depend on a computer to dial my car, too many variables. Like everyone else, I have a recently rebuilt Altronics system for sale.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a handheld Performaire for years. Won an IHRA Ironman with it in 2003. But last year I upgraded to a Performaire PC and Crew Chief 6.0 software. The Performaire PC essentially provides "stable" air readings - but it's the Crew Chief 6.0 that I really like. I am a numbers guy (my education is in mathematics), so the ability to sort the data...find runs that fit different criteria...create unlimited databases...all this really appealed to me. And this year proved it works. I went from one T-stop blade angle setting to another, mid-event in Sept, and Crew Chief predicted flawlessly.

I will agree though, whatever you go with is only as good as the runs you input.
Ted

Oh yeah - And I will vouch for the fact that Don Higgins ALWAYS answers his phone. I've asked him some pretty dumb questions and he still takes my calls!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:33 AM   #15
crewchiefpro

Thanks Ted.

Wait until you see our new Crew Chief Pro 7.0 in a few months.....
Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #16
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Altalab and Crew Chief Pro are the best.

1st. time out with it last year in Norwalk, Don came by checked all my settings and i went to the semi's in Super Street and if i would have trusted the predictor i would have been in the finals.
My partner Jeff Dunkin finished 7 in Div 3 In Super Street this year.... ask him what he thinks!!!!!

You can not beat the customer service of Don and his product works.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #17
sc3912

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

I bought CrewChiefPro and an Altronics paging weatherstation from Don at the Drag Expo at the beginning of the 2007 season.Other than some problems with the paging range, I am very satisfied with the setup. As for Dons customer service, it is great. I will let you know how the Altronics customer service is when I send the unit in to get the paging issue looked at.I would have to say without a doubt that this purchase was one of the biggest reasons we won the Division Championship this year....................Jeff
sc3912 is offline   Reply With Quote