HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
HotRodVarn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

What is the best weather station for running Hot Rod racing ?????????Altronics,Tag,etc......What works the best???????????
HotRodVarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
diceman1530

Thumbs up Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

I am very,very happy with my computech race air pro !
Old 11-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #3
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

Call Bob at family software. I have used his stuff for 5 years now and have been very happy with it. Ifamilysoftware.com is the address.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Kelli Barbato

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whatever you do, DO NOT pick Altronics!!!!
They have horrible customer service and when they sent it back each time we sent it to them, it still wasn't right. I learned to deal with it for the past couple of years by tricking it and have finally been able to ditch it for an Altalab that I picked up last weekend. A friend of mine has one so I know how easy it is to use and it looks like we just need to mount the outside stuff on some kind of a PVC pipe or something on the new trailer since the previous owners kept all of their mounts and there's a hole for the wires already. Can't wait to start playing with it next year!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli Barbato View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT pick Altronics!!!!
They have horrible customer service and when they sent it back each time we sent it to them, it still wasn't right. I learned to deal with it for the past couple of years by tricking it and have finally been able to ditch it for an Altalab that I picked up last weekend. A friend of mine has one so I know how easy it is to use and it looks like we just need to mount the outside stuff on some kind of a PVC pipe or something on the new trailer since the previous owners kept all of their mounts and there's a hole for the wires already. Can't wait to start playing with it next year!

I have the Altronics and it has not been the most precise unit I have ever used. I paid 1800.00 for it with the pager and if you want to be .10 fast it is great. I bought the Family software prediction program and it has been great. It is usualy within .001 or so and it works with my existing Altronics stuff as well as paging me with the good info out of my computer.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

I have a an issue with Altronics, contingency program sucks, they want you to pay into their program Registered applicants are eligible for contingency for (4 years NHRA) and (3 years IHRA) from date of purchase. Applicants can renew and extend their eligibility after this period. $ 120.00 for an additional 2 years. Not too racer friendly.
I have to say though the weather station worked well enough for me to win a championship trusting that the car and weather station spoke the same language, they did, but along with Crew-chief, any good weather station does the job.
Would I buy an Altronics again?...............................

Gary Federico
s/st 11
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
HotRodVarn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Guys..........How many of you racers depend on these weather stations 100 percent or go off on what you think the car will run???????????Alot of local racers told me that they would not race without it!!!!!!!! I won our local Hot Rod Championship this year and looking to do some National Events and Divisionals in 2008..
HotRodVarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After I started using Gary's program and got where I trusted it I go with the prediction UNLESS it gives me a weird number then I know I need to look at what I did when i put in the #s. I help a guy from time to time that will pull out 60 numbers if the weather station tells him to not thinking to look at the info he gave it to predict from.
I started by using 170 feet of DA change per .01 on gas and 390 feet of DA on Alcohol per .01 and did well using these #s to double check the weather station I was using.

If you can afford one with wind speed and direction as well as a pager get one. They run about 1400.00 or so but they are nice during a long wait in the staging lanes. The Family software needs a computer but you can get a used one off of EBAY cheap.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

Regardless of which weather station you choose, the prediction will only be as good as the info
that you input. Do not be afraid to throw out runs even if the run fits in the station's program.

I have the altronics with ifamily software, and Bob is great to deal with.
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #10
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Whats the best weather station/predicter????????

AltaLab &Crew Chief Pro . Flawless performance for the last 4 years, No issues with either product. ...Excelent customer service when you have a question. ...Alta Lab unit can stand alone , altho it needs a cheap PC to opperate the prediction program, Which is also very good.... Tom