Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #11
G Schenck

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: Has Jeff or Cody Lane been caught for cheating at a NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by west coast View Post
If you do a search in classracer on woodburn lodrs and go back a few pages a round sept of last year there is a thread about the carburator. I would do a link. But am on a phone

Jeff had raced with the wrong index in Comp that weekend.

Cheater or no Scruples......you call it

On a side note.. Do the division champs in S,SS and Comp get torn down in your division.

Greg
G Schenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #12
west coast

Liked 118 Times in 48 Posts

Nope on the champs being torn down, usually not known till Vegas Divisional. Last one torn down in Div 6 was my self at that race in Sept.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #13
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

There seem to be two groups of racers I've observed over the years, as it relates to cheating. Group 1 says (proudly) "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' hard enough". Group 2 says "The rules are there to ensure good, equitable, honest competition for all. May the best man win". I have always belonged to Group 2, but have many times been called naïve. I can't help but think about where NHRA might be today, if they would have actually enforced the rules, years and years ago. A Super Stock car, for example, probably wouldn't cost $150,000 to build, because crazy-expensive, formerly blatantly illegal stuff would have been squashed, and the cheater punished.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #14
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: Has Jeff or Cody Lane been caught for cheating at a NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
There seem to be two groups of racers I've observed over the years, as it relates to cheating. Group 1 says (proudly) "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' hard enough". Group 2 says "The rules are there to ensure good, equitable, honest competition for all. May the best man win". I have always belonged to Group 2, but have many times been called naïve. I can't help but think about where NHRA might be today, if they would have actually enforced the rules, years and years ago. A Super Stock car, for example, probably wouldn't cost $150,000 to build, because crazy-expensive, formerly blatantly illegal stuff would have been squashed, and the cheater punished.
And stockers would not cost $100,000 plus ! $25,000 to $35,000 just for the bogus engines if its just a small block Chevy !

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 07-18-2019 at 04:01 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Greg's post about categories 1 & 2 got me remembering old round tables of NASCAR guys laughing about the antics of Jr Johnson, Smokey Yunick et al....
It seems NASCAR fines, threatens and suspends a racer a race...they and we move on, so common it doesn't seem to besmersh the racer

I can't recall a "story" of old about "pushing the rules" or as one racer said he reads the white in the rule book....BTW, does anyone have a COMPLETE rule book?

This case as read....seems beyond the pale, and certainly threatens the reputation of the team involved....if true
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,073 Times in 766 Posts

What NHRA division today have the strongest leadership team, Division and Technical Directors?
Obviously D6 is not too strong.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:45 AM   #17
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
Probably the same reason his DQ from this race was “reversed!”
“I’d like to phone a friend!”
Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #18
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

We have been lucky in Div One. For years we have had some of the best guys at both the Directors job and all the guys and gals involved in tec. And we should not forget the support team that goes with these guys and gals. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #19
Gary Smith

Liked 75 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
I was told not long after the head porting rule went into effect that there were so many bogus heads NHRA didn't want to throw any more "resources" at the problem and decided to take the easier route. And then they stopped checking entire cars for other illegal modifications (heavy roofs, rear quarters, filled cages, acid dipped doors fenders etc.) except when enough people bitched about certain cars. Seems it all got out of hand during the mid to late 80s.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #20
GTS340

Liked 1,068 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
What NHRA division today have the strongest leadership team, Division and Technical Directors?
Obviously D6 is not too strong.
I've been racing in division 7 for 27 yrs now. Though I only race 2 or 3 divisionals presently. The tech department still looks at every car carefully.
We have spot checks at the scales for loose ballast and other things. I've only hit the 1 under once in my life so I'm not a professional at it but they sure did look it over at fuel check. They have torn down very fast cars in the past. I'm the pit crew on multiple cars so I seem to see very little too. I think they do a great job personally.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked