HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Thanks for calling this morning Jeff. Good luck in Gainesville this weekend!!!

S.T.
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #32
jim reynolds

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffl52 View Post
No the GROWTH process I'm speaking of is the actual growth I feel we can achieve through this association. If anyone hasn't noticed we are growing, but with any growth there will be some growing pains which will be handled accordlingly. Had already stated it was just a opinion and we'll abide by the rules our leader and fellow racers. I for one love these events and in no way want to jeopardize the CCRA in any way. We've all had a bad idea or 2!!! Hope everyone is still in good spirits and are as excited as me to start another year. I'm pulling out tomorrow night for Gainesville which will be my first NHRA race and pretty excited about that as well!!
OK, i'll accept your growth process response and leave it at that. Like you, i appreciate and love these events along with IHRA and NHRA's events. Good luck at Gainesville, i loook forward to our competing together at CCRA, IHRA, NHRA in the coming year!!!
jim reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #33
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ME TOO!! I think we've all been trapped in our houses to long without any good ol competition!! See everyone soon
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

After talking with several CCRA racers, it has been determined that the majority is in favor of having a tech official at our events. Our cost to make this possible is $150.00 per race. To keep from taking money from the points fund, entry fee will be raised to $80.00. The payout will still be based on the $75.00 entry. The additional $5.00 per entry will go towards paying our tech official. At the end of the year, what is left over from the additional $5.00 per entry per event will go directly into the points fund. Example, if we have 40 cars, the additional $5.00 collected is $200.00. $150.00 goes to paying our tech director, the extra $50.00 goes into the points and to offset when we may not have the minimum of 30 cars, which is what is needed to break even of the $150.00..

In saying all of this, I would like to welcome aboard Robert Kinton as the CCRA’s Official Tech Director.

With Robert already being an IHRA Tech Official for many years, his experience and knowledge will be a great benefit to the CCRA. Robert will be overseeing any tech concerns that we racers may have, as well as, but not limited to, handling the pairings of staging when we do not have a ladder.

As we move forward with the growth of the CCRA, we want to make certain that class racing stays as pure as it was many years ago and that we take pride in knowing we are doing our best to keep it that way!!!

If you have any questions, please call, email or PM me!!!

Thank you
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

For the 2013 season and beyond, a tech advisory board has been established to help in the decisions of any discrepancies that may arise on or off the track. The board members are veteran class racers with the same goal of keeping the integrity of class racing alive and keeping the CCRA growing. The board members are as follows:

Doug Hobgood
Jim Reynolds
Donnie Moore,Sr.
Tracy Robbins
Scott Tilley

I would like to thank them for taking on this responsibilty.

All racers will need to see Robert Kinton for your 2013 CCRA tech sticker prior to elimination at the first race you attend. If you have been teched by the IHRA in the last 12 months you will not need to bring your race vehicle to tech. For those who have not been teched by the IHRA, you will need to bring your race vehicle to tech for Robert to look at.This should eliminate anyone trying to run that does not have a legal Stock or Super Stock race vehicle.

I would also like to thank Mark Young for all the help he has provided to me and the CCRA this 2013 season. There is alot happening in the off season to make preparation for the upcoming racing season as well as what goes into keeping the race season running smoothly.

Just as an overview, Memberships are $25.00 which puts you eligible to participate in the season points championship. Memberships must be paid prior to the start of first round for that race to count.

Entry fee is $80.00, in which $5.00 of the entry goes to pay for our tech director. Payout will still be based on the $75.00 entry fee.

All entries must see the tech director for your 2013 tech sticker prior to eliminations of the first race you attend.

The best of 6 out of 8 races will be counted for the members of the CCRA.

I believe with the changes we have made for the 2013 season, will be our best year yet!!!

Thank you racers and sponsors for all of your support!!!!

Scott Tilley
919-291-4355
superstock9327@yahoo.com
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #36
bert powell

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY View Post
The CCRA schedule is now on dragracecentral.com!!! The results of all of our races will be posted under the Drag News Button.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355
Was the results posted? Did not see them. Thanks!
bert powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #37
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Bert. The results are posted under CCRA Race # 1.

Thanks
Scott
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Updated 2013 Schedule due to weather

March 10 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
Presented by: Ultimate Converter Concepts

June 15 Dunn Benson Dragway 1/8
Presented by: Auto-Plus Service Center

August 24 Coastal Plains Dragway 1/8
Presented by: H & F Performance

September 7 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
Presented by: Wisecarver Race Cars

September 21 Roxboro Motorsports 1/8
Presented by: Ace Rug Cleaning Co.

October 6 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/4
Presented by: Curries Towing & Racing

October 26 Virginia Motorsports Park 1/4
Presented by: Virginia Speed Race Cars
& Transmissions

November 17 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/8
Presented by: Warren Engines

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Scott Tilley

Last edited by SCOTT TILLEY; 07-24-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Revised Schedule due to weather