HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #591
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Class Nationals event planning

ATTENTION RACERS! Remember we are running NHRA classes (with .30 added to the Index), as well as IHRA Crate Motor (-.10 Index), Pure Stock, Stock GT, and SS/Production. 9.99-quicker cars MUST have current NHRA license & chassis certification. Go to http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/T...p_Physical.pdf
for IHRA License Transfer information.

Remember also that the "new factory race cars" will be running in classes separate from the "old" traditional cars in Stock. (No changes to weight breaks or HP: just given an "FX" suffix to their class designation) IHRA Fuel-Injected cars, Trucks, FWD, Modified/Compact, etc will run the NHRA classes, weight breaks, HP, etc.

You can get PDF links to the classes & indexes at the bottom of the Northern Class Nationals page of the Loose Rocker website at http://looserocker.com/?page_id=27
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #592
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

I have been so excited about this race for a long time, and now we are less than a month away. I am looking forward to this race the same was I did when I was racing and was going to Indy (and the way I looked forward to Byron in 2001).
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #593
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Class Nationals event planning

Since that weekend falls on a non race date, as far as NHRA national events are concerned, and since its in the middle of Jegs country,, I wonder if Jeggie would bring out the Drag-Pak and run it. Do they even still have it? I'm thinking its been a while since I heard of Jeg running that car. Just a thought. See you all there.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #594
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Since that weekend falls on a non race date, as far as NHRA national events are concerned, and since its in the middle of Jegs country,, I wonder if Jeggie would bring out the Drag-Pak and run it. Do they even still have it? I'm thinking its been a while since I heard of Jeg running that car. Just a thought. See you all there.
Danny Durham
I believe Jeg already had a family event scheduled for that weekend.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #595
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Class Nationals event planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
I have been so excited about this race for a long time, and now we are less than a month away. I am looking forward to this race the same was I did when I was racing and was going to Indy (and the way I looked forward to Byron in 2001).
Mike, I agree with you 100%. I have been excited about this race since its inception and now it is only 3½ weeks away; I can hardly wait!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #596
Michael Beard
VIP Member

We had a meeting at the track this morning to go over some details and make sure everyone's on the same page. We have several great announcements to make:

Early Parking
Early Parking will open at 12 Noon on Monday, April 28. Nitro Joe Jackson will be handling the gate. Gates will be open for new arrivals until 10PM each weeknight. There will be NO STACKING on Sunday, April 27. If you're coming from Indy, you can make the trip on Monday. There's a major event going on at National Trail that weekend and don't need trailers stacking up on the entrance road.

Early parking is a privilege made possible by National Trail Raceway and Nitro Joe. Please respect these ground rules:
- You may save ONE pit space on each side of you. NO roping off half an aisle!
- Absolutely NO pit vehicle activity after hours.
- Absolutely NO activity on the racing surface or shutdown area.
- Absolutely NO pit vehicles operated without a driver's license (ie., no kids)

Upon arrival, Nitro Joe will issue you a card noting the number of race entries and crew members you have. Thursday morning, early arrivals can make their way to the gate with that card and purchase their tech cards. As soon as we get through the morning rush, we'll open the gates for any of those who were stacked overnight, so we'll get people in earlier than the posted 12 Noon.

On a side note, it should go without saying: Please keep your pit area clean. There are trash barrels located throughout the facility, and we'll provide drivers with your very own trash bag when you come in.

Test n' Tune
National Trail Raceway will conduct a test n' tune session on Thursday from 1pm - 6pm, for $50. (Purchase at the gate. Must be a weekend participant.) Since Lucas Oil Class Eliminations blast off on Friday, this is a great opportunity to get everything just perfect! We'll open Tech a little earlier than originally scheduled to make sure Test n' Tune participants are ready to go.

Tech
Tech will be located at the pavilion, just as it is at the LODRS and Sportsnats events. (For those who have not been to NTR, look for the green roof behind the main grandstand in this pic. Can't miss it!) Please fill out your tech card clean, clear, legible, and complete, and bring it, your gate receipt and your car to Tech. Safety Tech will be in accordance with official NHRA E.T. rules. (See above post for specific info for 9.99-quicker cars) Upon completion of tech, you will sign the waiver and be issued your Run Sticker (place at the bottom of the windshield, driver's side) and get your wristband. (CREW: bring your 3-Day Crew receipt to the tech area to sign the waiver and get your restricted area wristband)

Saturday S/SS Combo
Entries for Saturday's NitroPlate S/SS Combo Warmup can also be purchased at the gate. If you wish to participate, please purchase your entry by Noon on Saturday so we have time to get everyone in the computer. Bring your receipt to Tech to get your S/SS Combo entry decal (place on windshield next to your run sticker).

Payouts
Payouts will be in Suite 105, first floor of the tower.

We look forward to having you join us for this historic family reunion/class racing event!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #597
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Class Nationals event planning

Does anyone know what the track radio frequency is for National Trail Raceway? I can't find it anywhere on their website.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #598
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Is T-n-T open to the public (spectators)? If so, we will be there for testing also.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #599
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Does anyone know what the track radio frequency is for National Trail Raceway? I can't find it anywhere on their website.
The Track Radio station is 88.3FM.
http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...amp%3BA&page=2

Quote:
Is T-n-T open to the public (spectators)? If so, we will be there for testing also.
There's no separate spectator fee for Thursday. You can purchase weekend (Fri-Sun) crew passes at the gate.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #600
1reddago

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now guys if was not for Nitro Joe giving up his time you all would be waiting until Thursday to get in .So for you racers showing up before Thursday remember to follow the rules .AND DO NOT FORGET TO THANK NITRO JOE FOR GIVING UP HIS TIME TO LET YOU ALL IN .
1reddago is offline   Reply With Quote