HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

FYI ... the payout for Super is $15 dollars per car entered. ( For thoses clowns who need help 64 cars x 16 = $960 ) There are 11 sponsored points races this year that are $1000 to win no matter of car count . If there are more than 67 cars the payout will increase. As far as the quick 32 with a 11:49 bump . This is to insure that we will have a full field, If the Fast guys stop pissing and moaning about the bump and show up to race it can be lowered but you have to race to do this . The ball is in your court so show us what you got !!!!
waynelvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #22
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well said Wayne.
lvdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Wayne,
So you guys are bumping the purses to $15 per car for this year in Super?
That's great.

Last year it was $10 per car, my wife won with 56 cars in SP and recieved $560.
Either that or some one owes her some $$$ :-)

As was stated, in this economy the purses need to be higher for racers to make the drive so they can feel they can get a return on their investment.
We're fortunate that we're close to LVD however some guys have a 4-5 hour ride. If you add up all of their expenses (fuel to get ot the track = biggest, race fuel, insurance, maintenance, heck tires for the year is almost $2000) it costs the average guy with one of these types of cars a little over $200 per run (that's without breaking anything).

As far as the 11.49 ET thing goes, I think what is being said is that a 400 HP car has a HUGE advantage over a 2500 HP car UNLESS the track is prepped perfectly. If the track is prepped good it's anybody's race.

I THINK those are the points Bill is making.

If the track has TEETH and the payout is good the racers will come.

Bill,
I noticed ATCO is having several PM, TS, TD races this year, will you be attending any?
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Frank last year it was 10 per car . This year super will be $60 and 15 to winner per car . $50 round money with 3rd round losers. I understand a lesser HP car can have an advantage , if enough Faster cars show the slower guys will be bumped . As you know without question Steve preps the whole track the same way every time. Some days are better than others as the weather changes.We can not and will not let racers in for free and have higher payouts , just because they are fast. As you know Saturdays are not a big spectator day and to advertise would just add to cost. We need to work together with what we have to make it the best we can . I'm working to get the track back in the right direction. It will take time and dedication from everyone involved .
waynelvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #25
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw that as well Frank. That is def a race for you Bill !!! Never any issues with Atco. Let's see how many people run at the Atco Top Dragster race? I think it might be a safe bet you will have many six second players there. Some low six, some high six but they will be fast.

I will leave it up to everyones own mind to figure out why this will be

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 02-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #26
1855sc

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Let me clarify what I said/ment by not having Mr. Hemi come to the valley , if there are BIG(ger) $$$ races closer to your home with $2500 to win & FREE entry as you claim WHY DRIVE UP?
Does that make sense now?
And please telll me what track(s)? MIR? Delmar? Capitol? Hagerstown? Cecil Co.?
Does that make sense now?
Do 6-8 runs in a day wear you out?
You say you want to race but you never said how much purse money it would take to get you to come up.
I was being sarcastic in my 1st post for good reason, you sounded like trouble and I was correct.
Again THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.
1855sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blown Hemi

If you are going to insult a track and its competitors, you could at least do it with first hand knowledge. I have no idea who evil clown or lvd racer are, but for an"almost pro mod" racer to get into an internet insult contest about a track you have never been and racers you have never met seems a little unprofessional. Debbie Moses stated you should stay close to home because it was FREE and you were being paid to show up, win or lose, not because LVD is mudbog without enough paved parking for your rig. I have no problem with people speaking up to argue a point, however a little courtesy for others goes a long way. I race at LVD, it is a nice facility. I have been as vocal as anyone about its problems, but I won't do it hiding behind a pen name from hundreds of miles away

Bill Krug
T/D 1531
S/C1531
S/G153K
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #28
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill,
Nice to hear some positives about LVD i thought i was the only one fighting back about this B.S. nonsense.
Like Wayne said he is working on bringing back more racers its going to take alittle time.
I feel there is a "group" hiding behind screen names that like to try and belittle LVD.
Since I,m not attacking the valley I see no need to post my name for now.
It seems like "some" people are alittle pissed that LVD and Ken/Debbie got together to do these races and are trying to undermind it before it starts.
WHY?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #29
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just to adress your safety concern. I have gone 6.8s at lebanon valley several times. I have friends who have gone 6.8 and 6.7s there. None of us have ever had a problem. I think the people your hearing from represent a small minority Trust me If I had a safety concern I would park my car in a second. I have been there on days when the track was supposedly terrible according to other racers with cars a lot slower than mine. Never had a problem myself. In fact we werer there one of those days with my fathers front engine car with 12 inch tires running mid to low sevens. He never had a problem while high seven second cars were whining about the track. Makes me wonder if maybe they need to stop making excuses and fix their combination.

An old comp elminator racer once told us the track gives us a track to race on. Its up to us to get down it. If its unsafe thats one thing. But every track is not going to be perfect every time.

As to not wanting to race slower cars whats that about. I am there to race. I will race whoever is alongside me. Its bracket racing. No matter what you call it. whoever cuts the light and can drive the stripe better is going to win.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #30
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi B.J. ,
Good post.
Talk about tracks and racing conditions.You guys complaining about the valley ,check out the post from the super stock guys 1st round pomona. The "WINTER NATIONALS" complaining about 1st round tire spin. These guys are not even close to 6/7 sec. runs.