HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
jmknights

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

Last edited by jmknights; 02-07-2010 at 10:01 AM.
jmknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

I was just looking at that on the web site. I think thats great!!!

Its the perfect compromise. I will run as many as I can afford to

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi hemi, i just street race wed. Nites but i go weekends to watch you guys. Sounds like a fast car 6.50 mild tune wow. That's top sportsman et like top 5. Here at lvd anyway . $2500 for quick 8/16 you did not say what the entry fee was? Does your track make up the difference in entry for the purse? 8 or 16 divided into $2500 1st 800? 2nd 400? Semi's =$4,000 you guys would have to pay what? $500 for quick 8 and $250 for 16? Most people around here are not that flush with money you know the depression and all. I think $130 entry is fair it seems 90% of that goes to the racers. As far as racing a 11 sec car I think your looking at maybe 9 to 9.50 as the cut. Why they put 11 ? Don't know. Now the quick 16 sounds like a good deal the break is 7.49. Again for the entry it seems to go mostly back to the racers. I just don't think you can do this ($2500 1st)without charging say $200/$250/$500 people just can't afford it right now.I run a camaro too it only goes 11.80 it has a 350 chevy not a chrysler engine lol. That car @6.50 repeats/rounds et to win races ? Like to see you come up and take down those mid/low 7 sec dragsters that run dead on. That would be cool. Yes the track gets alot of cars,track conditions are great and the pits are well kept .LVD dragway also recieved excellence in management at the div.1 banquet so they must be doing things right. Hey come up and try it again like to see you go rounds from spectators point of view.

Last edited by lvdracer; 02-05-2010 at 09:29 AM.
lvdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
1855sc

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Bill,

It seems like you already have a perfect setup for payout & safely running your 6 second car. If I were you I would stay in MD. The only reason I am saying this is because its free!!! I am pretty sure that Lebanon isnt looking to pay you to come up and play on saturdays anyway, maybe since you have a "fast ride" they can book you in...
If its free to race for $2500 down by you or close to you and its a GOOD race track, then why would you make the trip. hell, let me know where those races are and I will go there.
And since its my opinion only, apparently you didnt read the flyer too well because it clearly states $30 gate fee & $100 entry fee.

Again this is only my opinion.

Debbie Moses
1855sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Debbie, I would not take alot of these posts from outside racers to heart. I think the racers here that race lvd dragway appreciate you and ken sponsoring the quick 32.Its a start to some different racing that might attract more cars, people, competition. Ken stepped up for this AND lets not forget he gave his services FREE to the flood victims at LVD to repair all that were unlucky enough to have their cars/trans. damaged. Thanks for stepping up Ken/Debbie.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow free entry and $5k to $10k races awesome. I think even the nhra big boys/crew pay to enter every full throttle series race. Must be a nice car. You might be too big for the"VALLEY". So your talking pro mod racing not backet quick 32?

Last edited by lvdracer; 02-05-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Bill,
Would love to see you up there. If they have the same track prep guys there your car might hook up. Steve and Ed had the place pretty good. The only thing is on Saturdays they need to finish up early in the evening. (the dirt track, located next to the drag strip starts running around 5 PM) But it worked out pretty good last year.

There are a few local guys getting some first to the stripe stuff together. One that comes to mind is Dana Hard and the Pro Comp guys. It's the fastest 8 cars (I hear it may be 16 this year). It's free entry for car/driver and free crew up to 4 for $1500 to win (with 16 cars it may be more). I think he was going to give LVD a call to try to schedule some events there. They are already running events at NED with alot of success (spectator stands packed).

Hope to see you at LVD.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown hemi 526 View Post
Oh wait a minute - you guys are talking about bracket racing? Talk about false advertisement to the retards like myself who skim the ads. I see extreme 32 and quick 16 I am thinking that it is a huge real race. There is nothing quick about a 32 car field bracket race.
Boy that would have sucked if I did tow up there and be the only donkey running 6.50 against super pro cars running 9-11 seconds.
Might wanna change the ad so it does not give the false pretense of extreme racing or quick racing.
Oh well my bad - best of luck with the bracket race.
If you can run 6:40's on a mild tune, you should check out this 9 race series in the Northeast.
http://www.neoutlawpromods.com/
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts

Im not a local racer at LVD, but I've been running the D1 Lucas Oil races up there since 1995. Its a good track, Ive run S/St,S/G and now T/S up there. Plenty of shutdown, Top Alky cars run there at the points races, so if prepped good, the track can handle big cars.
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
jmknights

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1855sc View Post
Bill,

It seems like you already have a perfect setup for payout & safely running your 6 second car. If I were you I would stay in MD. The only reason I am saying this is because its free!!! I am pretty sure that Lebanon isnt looking to pay you to come up and play on saturdays anyway, maybe since you have a "fast ride" they can book you in...
If its free to race for $2500 down by you or close to you and its a GOOD race track, then why would you make the trip. hell, let me know where those races are and I will go there.
And since its my opinion only, apparently you didnt read the flyer too well because it clearly states $30 gate fee & $100 entry fee.

Again this is only my opinion.

Debbie Moses
Debbie, I'm Jim the photographer and acting webmaster. I posted the news about you and Ken sponsoring the Quick 32 race. I think it's going to be a great event. And after the flood at the Valley, and the help that Ken provided for the racers, just want to say you guys are a class act.
Hope you don't mind the posting or the flyer using the race car....
Jim
jmknights is offline   Reply With Quote