HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 05-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default DIV 3 Header Test

At the Div 3 in Chi-Town next week, we will be having a header test for Top Dragster and Top Sportsman racers who are interested in testing a set of our latest, header design. A header test was run at the Div 5 race last week in Brainerd and we bolted on a TENTH!!!!!! and didnt touch the engine or jetting. You may ask who ran the test??

Jeremy Siffring, Top Dragster racer here in Div 5, who runs a Stinnett 632, 11 degree heads and one carb. He was running a very well known production chrome header. His first pass netted a 7.13 at 186mph. Then he bolted on our latest stainless steel design and immediately lost 15 lbs. On the first pass with the test header flashed a 7.09 with a 2 mph increase, and lost 2 in the 60' number from shake. On Saturday morning the first pass after a tire adjustment brought a 7.06 pass with a 13 mph headwind. Last pass on Saturday, great starting line, brought an AWESOME 7.03!!!!!!! No jet changes, no timing changes and it was a simple bolt on item.

Here is the chance to test headers at a great track that is fast!!!!!!

If you are interested in getting the details and taking the TRUE HEADER AT THE TRACK TEST, feel free to contact us...
info@proheadersystems.com
chassis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: DIV 3 Header Test

We now have a set built for dragsters with a 565 BBC that should be worth more than 12 hundredths. We will also be looking for someone to test this set for us as well....and thanks for all the responses.....

Chassis1
Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wes,

Good luck with your testing. I know that we are happy with our headers. We will be in Chicago this weekend but won't have the T/S car as we crashed it at RT66 a few weeks ago. It is at RJ's now getting fixed. If you are going to be at the track look for us in the pits and come say hi.

Ryan Koener
TS310C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Ryan, glad to see you back in....I am happy for you and the new little person. I have one that is 15 months old and its a blessing to have them. Catch up with Jeremy when you are there. I have the turn downs for you but need a little more info on what size and length. When you get the BIRD back, let me know. I have a new set designed for a Top Sportsman car that is very unique. Nothing like it on the planet and we picked up 6 hundredths in the 8th mile alone!!!!!! Needing to get some more feedback on these. Give me a hit when you get back from Chi-Town.....

Chassis1
Old 06-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Today was another success for Jeremy Siffring. He went a 7.008 at 191 mph and we still have not put any jet to the carb or changed the leave RPM. The set he has is perfect for those racers running a 632 or smaller cubic inch. Stainless triple step headers with merge collectors and megaphones. We have a new test set that is made ESPECIALLY for a 565 cubic inch engine with one carb or two. We are expecting gains beyond 15 HUNDREDTHS!!!!!! over the manufactured header companies. We will be testing again in the next following months. I will be more than happy to post results. Thank you for all those who participated in our header testing. It proves that buying a set of headers for your combination is the best gain you will ever buy.......

Chassis1
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Shawn Pinkerton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please check you private messages. Thank you.
Shawn Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
The Joker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have one of those 565 combos. I would love to test some headers for you. Actually, I am in the market for a new set. I know that Pinkerton feller that posted, maybe we could both test together at the same track.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Thanks for the interest and the response guys. In a nutshell, we build all of headers for YOUR personal combination. Say your R&M 565 versus your SS(smurf) 565. We all know they each take a different approach to making the same power. I would not build the same header for these two different builders. There are a few things to keep in mind. Do I run more eighth mile or quarter mile? Do I live in Denver or race mostly at Atco?? Again, I would not build the same header for these different places when racing. Our Super Comp header is totally different from our Top Sportsman header. The point is, in this day and age, we now have engines that are specifically built for purpose racing. So why put the same header on all different combinations. We do not want to be a manufacturer of one type of header. We are interested in making power in different combinations. Our 565 headers are totally different from our 632 Top Dragster headers because of the amount of power and the torque numbers.

Our price may seem expensive to some racers at $1895.00. Bottom line, where else can you buy a 10th and bolt it on the car?? It has been proven at two different race tracks and we are looking to do it even more. Now the big question, can I test them?? We have worked on this type of horsepower here in our shop for over a year. Just putting them in a box and shipping them some place for people to test is tough. We have to make a living here like any other place in business. Giving away technology is something we can not afford. We have to get paid like your engine builder or your carb guy.

Do I wish I could go to a few tracks and test with people" HECK YES"!!!! Truth is, I have a full time job and build headers every night, except Sunday. We have 4 sets going out right now. We are still doing NASCAR work and doing some sets that are going overseas as well. As far as traveling, its tough because of fuel cost of course. So as a racer and a guy who likes to make horsepower, here is a suggestion.

When you go to your next divisional race, let us know the location. Tell me the cubic inch, and I will work with you on the price for testing. Your time is worth something as well. When the car picks up at least a tenth, then you need to come back to this thread, and let them know. Report the quality of welds, the general fitment and the looks of the headers on your car. After that, it will begin to work itself out.......

To participate in another test, email or call me....

chassis1
Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
chassis1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Another header test this weekend at Atco New Jersey at the MegaBucks Race.....John Magguili will be running our 565 combination headers for the Friday race and then heading to Lebanon Valley for the divisional race on Saturday and Sunday. Here is a chance for the East Coast racers to see our headers up close and most of all IN ACTION!!!!!!!! Stop by and see him as he will have our banner flying high at the trailer......

Thanks and stay tuned for the results again!!!!!!!!

Chassis1
www.proheadersystems.com