Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #21
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts
Talking Re: Dutch Classic Jr Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Beach View Post
Going from F weight at 299 x 10.5 + 170 = 3305 to 299 x 11.25 + 170 = 3530. 3530 - 3305 = 225 lbs. I can't add that much weight legally in the next week but thanks anyway, hope you get a good turn out.
I'm just outside of the realistic zone as well - 3825, and in my case most of that needs to be car....where's the dessert?? How about SR Stock?
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #22
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,595 Times in 371 Posts
Default Re: Dutch Classic Jr Stock

If you put the brake 11.00 lb. where it belongs
More people would race.And about the gift certificate what’s it for ?
If it’s b& b performance that’s useless?By the way the weight brake is to Glenn advantage because his combo is soft.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #23
B.D.D.2

Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
If it’s b& b performance that’s useless?By the way the weight brake is to Glenn advantage because his combo is soft.
I always like your comments James! Not afraid to say the truth and call a spade a spade......keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #24
Dave Ficacci

Liked 78 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Where it belongs? According to who? The reason for the .25 weight break is so everyone has to make a change in order to compete. At 11.0 the natural G cars get to kick their feet up while everyone else has to swing weight. That isn't right.

The gift certificate is for services from what I understand. If you are lucky enough to win, have him wash your engine parts, wax the nova or change your trailer wheel bearings. Or just stay on the sidelines and bitch.
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #25
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Thank you Dave for presenting the facts.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,595 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ficacci View Post
Where it belongs? According to who? The reason for the .25 weight break is so everyone has to make a change in order to compete. At 11.0 the natural G cars get to kick their feet up while everyone else has to swing weight. That isn't right.

The gift certificate is for services from what I understand. If you are lucky enough to win, have him wash your engine parts, wax the nova or change your trailer wheel bearings. Or just stay on the sidelines and bitch.
David. Let’s be real The old break is where it needs to be .
Jr Stock was for F. G H. Cars too meet in the middle .No one wants to add weight
Kinda like Top Stock. Understand bro ?
Most of the combos for Jr Stock are rated at 280 to 300 hp. Except soft Fuel Injection cars But they don’t allow F.I, cars in Top Stock. Correct?
Old 09-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #27
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Not trying to stir the pot here and it is your sandbox of rules but: in the NHRA rule book (which I believe this is an NHRA event) under Frame: 4 ballast under stock eliminator, you can only have 100 lbs. of removable ballast. How can I add 225 to 245 lbs. legally and then take all that weight out to run stock eliminator on Sat & Sun? The same would be true for someone in a lower class trying to legally take that much out and have to put it back in. Will someone have a welder or torch on the grounds? There is no 11.25 weight break in stock eliminator, so what other NHRA rules are we throwing out here? Will someone be allowed to take out their passenger seat to make weight or bolt in weight without welding the bolts. I really like running class and heads-ups, but trying to invent a heads-up class for legal stock eliminator cars sounds pretty tough to do. Inquiring minds would like to know …
Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #28
Dave Ficacci

Liked 78 Times in 17 Posts

Chuck and james. Top stock is 8.25 which is in between A and B. We have AA A B and C cars competing, swinging far more weight than you guys are being ask to move. Top stock works pretty well because the racers do what they have to do in order to compete. With all due respect, Junior stock in its current format just isn’t for you and that’s ok. Maybe next year the format will change due to low car count. Time will tell.
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #29
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Chuck Beach, bolt weight in trunk, put JB weld on bolt’s, looks like it’s welded. Easy to remove weight.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:05 AM   #30
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Beach View Post
Not trying to stir the pot here and it is your sandbox of rules but: in the NHRA rule book (which I believe this is an NHRA event) under Frame: 4 ballast under stock eliminator, you can only have 100 lbs. of removable ballast. How can I add 225 to 245 lbs. legally and then take all that weight out to run stock eliminator on Sat & Sun? The same would be true for someone in a lower class trying to legally take that much out and have to put it back in. Will someone have a welder or torch on the grounds? There is no 11.25 weight break in stock eliminator, so what other NHRA rules are we throwing out here? Will someone be allowed to take out their passenger seat to make weight or bolt in weight without welding the bolts. I really like running class and heads-ups, but trying to invent a heads-up class for legal stock eliminator cars sounds pretty tough to do. Inquiring minds would like to know …
11.25 weight break +170lbs.

2007 and older vehicles

F/S through I/S Stick and Automatic cars eligible

Removal of passenger seat permitted

Fuel check and scales every run

Random spot check and teardown possible.

.500 Pro Tree

Winner to receive $500 B&B Auto Machine gift card.

Runner up to receive $250 B&B Auto Machine gift card.

Requirements:

Jr Stock participants must participate in the Open to be eligible to compete in Jr Stock. There is no additional Entry Fee for Jr Stock!

Jr Stock participants will tech into their chosen NHRA class for the Open event (example F/S or I/SA, etc). There will not be a Jr/STK class.

Jr Stock participants will run at the end of Stock Eliminator in Q1 and Q2 at their Jr Stock weight break to determine Jr Stock ladder. Jr Stock will be contested Friday. These runs will not count towards to the National Open.

Chuck, you can remove your spare tire,jack, and passenger seat plus ballast to make weight legally.