Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #31
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: driver OK report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Thanks for your concern, bud.
However, I'm totally against changing the rules to accommodate cars that don't belong in Stock Eliminator in the first place.
I'll take my chances. ;-)
Mark you are correct in saying these cars do not belong in stock elim. but that's just my opinion. OK....We can wait until someone gets hurt or killed but I don't wish that on anyone. It will happen again though. Kind of reminds me of the 10.5 tire nitrous/turbo cars running. Most have a hard time getting down the track in a straight line. I don't have the money to have one of these cars and doubt I would spend that kind of money to run for peanuts even if I did. Stay safe everyone and take care.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #32
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

As one of the slowest cars in SS I have wondered about these super fast cars coming from behind, but there are risks everywhere, none more so than just towing in todays "me first" traffic.

A few years ago I watched COMP where one race had a F/D against something called AA/AP, & I wondered about what kind of grease spot would be on the track had the AA/AP run over the F/D.....the AA/AP was all over his lane. That race turned out OK

Some bracket tracks run motorcycles against each other some mix them in with 3000lb cars.
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #33
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Putting wider tires on the FS cars will not solve the problem. There are a number of issues that can cause a crash.

We already have non-FS cars that go fast and are way heavier than the FS cars. When you apply the laws of physics on a fast heavy car such as an AA/S and A/S, the impact energy they carry is as dangerous as a light FS car and high speeds.

Upon the inception of the CJ's and DragPak's, I believe it was around 2010, I had a discussion with the Goodyear engineers as regards to the speed limits on the Stock Eliminator tires. They shared technical information and test data showing the current designs of Stock Eliminator tires are good up to 190 MPH. There are even a great number of Super Stock cars that use Stock Eliminator spec tires.

One thing we have to realize is that there are inherent dangers in our sport. Not only the high speeds but also the wheelstands.

Let's not forget when Bobby DeArmond and Rob Youngblood flipped their cars during wheelstands.

Add to the list the nasty crashes of Ken Etter, Paula Cotten, Kyle Ratcliff, Jeff Colvert and others.

When you launch a car and it get out of the groove, you can have problems. When your car wheelstands and you can't control it, you can have problems. When you are on the top end and hit the brakes hard and loose control, you can have problems....and you can keep adding lots of other issues that can cause a crash.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #34
BG56

Liked 277 Times in 101 Posts

Didn't Mrs. Comstock also crash hers at a recent (previous) race? $$$
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:14 AM   #35
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: driver OK report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Thanks for your concern, bud.
However, I'm totally against changing the rules to accommodate cars that don't belong in Stock Eliminator in the first place.
I'll take my chances. ;-)
That goes double for me Mark, well said.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #36
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

that photo of the mustang looks like a "total" to me----lot of work(TIME & MONEY) to put that back together AND have it right too---FED 387
FED 387 is online now   Reply With Quote