Old 11-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #52
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: Vegas 11/2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4284spd View Post
Thanks Bob for all of the pictures....especially the one of my car "Shark Bait"!😀DSC_0231 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0451 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0160 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
Thanks Bob for the pictures of the two FWD Stockers...especially my car "Shark Bait"! Your coverage of all of us class racers is second to none, and I hope you're doing it next year too!😀
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-13-2023, 10:06 AM   #53
onefarmer

Liked 71 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Vegas 11/2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by B/S 428 View Post
I'm surprised more people didn't complain, it was nasty, 4 nights of sucking dust, starting about 6pm and ending close to 12pm I won't be going back if they're doing that next year. 627 Brian Seaberg
We left Vegas Monday after we were done with the national. 5 weeks on the road was enough for us. After the National at Ennis Texas this year I said I would never complain about dirt at another track again. We had to use a shop vac to clean the cars after that one. LOL The dirt at Vegas must have felt like sand blasting if the wind kept up..
onefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-14-2023, 11:05 PM   #54
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 4,016 Times in 914 Posts

DSC_0600 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0594 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0705 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0600 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
DSC_0716 by Bob Smith, on Flickr
Old 11-17-2023, 10:51 PM   #55
Cglrcng

Liked 108 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefarmer View Post
We left Vegas Monday after we were done with the national. 5 weeks on the road was enough for us. After the National at Ennis Texas this year I said I would never complain about dirt at another track again. We had to use a shop vac to clean the cars after that one. LOL The dirt at Vegas must have felt like sand blasting if the wind kept up..
Thank's Bob for including our car in that Rolling car show of some of the Best Of Class racing rolling stock and racers in the country. Appreciate the pics in just our 3rd Div. race back. Visiting with friends there I have not seen in more than 2.5 decades was special & fun!

Yes, I am still blowing and sucking, and washing the Vegas roundy round clay dust that scratches like diamonds on the paint out of every crack, and crevice of the car, and every box and container carried within the car to and from as it was all sitting out under or on the Irving's 2 car trailer the whole period of time it was being raced. We fell asleep nightly well into the early hours w/the drone of sprint cars running the main right behind us and the dust in the air looking like a nasty fog had decended on the entire facility, only it was clay dust that coated evey surface from cars, to pit, to track surfaces up to a quarter inch thick.

A leaf blower has now been added to everything else I pack into that car. Special Thank's to John and Jon Irving for not only getting it (and I), to and from the last 4 events of the 2023 season (and everything else that entailed including race car storage at John's shop from September 10th forward, and home delivery and drop off), after Pomona. Our extreme gratitude runs very deep, may the Good Lord continue to bless you both), but also for the every morning leaf blower blowoff and dustoff of the car Jon, at the last Div. 7 race at Las (Dusty) Vegas!

Arriving at Pomona the next week, it was a job just to get it looking somewhat ok w/just windex, paper towels (luckily almost as much glass as paint on our small car), and that 30 plus yr old California Car duster, only to be replaced overnight by green SoCal tree pollen everywhere again the next morning before Q1 at Pomona.