HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 09-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #21
Buick6

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Removal of historic monuments

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
I agree and I have not seen any statues honoring the native americans and we have not forgotten this horror
I have.
Buick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #22
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick6 View Post
I have.
that is known as a non answer answer. Most places do not have any statues about the Indian horrors. And yet we have a better understanding of the wrongs done to them.

Last edited by David Lee; 09-20-2017 at 10:58 PM.
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #23
Buick6

Not what you said. You said you haven't seen any statues honoring native Americans. I have.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #24
David Lee
VIP Member

Quote:
Not what you said. You said you haven't seen any statues honoring native Americans. I have.
nice try, most places do not have any. And we have not forgotten thie history. You have no valid argument. Zilch, Nada, nothing. Find another position and defend it.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #25
Buick6

I think you are the one that has added zilch, nada, nothing to the conversation. Your'e reasoning is all over the map and almost incoherent. And you make grandiose claims of some kind of victory in the conversation? I think you could have just said that no matter what you say, I will disagree. Quit acting like you want to learn someone else's view when you really don't.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:36 AM   #26
David Lee
VIP Member

Quote:
I think you are the one that has added zilch, nada, nothing to the conversation. Your'e reasoning is all over the map and almost incoherent. And you make grandiose claims of some kind of victory in the conversation? I think you could have just said that no matter what you say, I will disagree. Quit acting like you want to learn someone else's view when you really don't.
i am sorry, you are the one who changed the subject constantly. I kept on the subject of the statues. You tried to conflate other subjects such as the horrors of the civil war which has nothing to do with the statues.

And when asked a direct question, which you still have not answered. Why France and Germany does not forget their history without statues and other wars have not been forgotten because they do not have statues.

Are people who support the south so brain dead that it takes a statue to remember your past?

And a vast majority of these statues were not erected with public funds, but by groups such as the sons of the confederacy and the daughters of the confederacy during the early part of the 20th century. And both groups were very much behind supporting the jim crow laws. You would have actually had this knowledge if you really did some research. You can your own opinion but you can't have your own alternative facts

Last edited by David Lee; 09-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:41 AM   #27
Buick6

Go back and read! I responded to YOUR questions and flawed comparisons. Do you really have to ask why there are no statues of the war criminals from **** Germany? How many statues of confederates who were charged and convicted with war crimes are there? You are the one who tried to compare Andersonville to WWII atrocities when I tried to point that out. Go back and read! I don't understand how you ever took that giant leap to even bring it up. There are no comparisons here.

By your logic, the whole country is brain dead if they need a statue or monument to honor a person. Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, etc. Tear them all down. Their not needed because David Lee said so.

Your now trying take another giant liberal leap to say a statue should be taken down because law abiding citizens who happened to live in the south during the era of Jim Crow erected them? Ever hear the saying "Your'e grasping at straws"?

I apologize to all who read this for allowing myself to bother responding to this guy this long.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:46 AM   #28
David Lee
VIP Member

These are not false comparisons at all. And again you are trying to conflate to sesperate issues. In logic, you address one issue at once and not mix in other issues. We are talking about statues and the idea of taking them down would mean people would forget their history.

No, you brought up the idea of horrors in the civil war. not me.

"You really shouldn't try to compare the American civil war to the atrocities of WWII. These men were not war criminals.

I brought up the p[eople ion Germany and france not having any statues and not forgetting their history. I never mentioned any war crimes.

This is known as a strawman argument

"By your logic, the whole country is brain dead if they need a statue or monument to honor a person. Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, etc. Tear them all down. Their not needed because David Lee said so"

People remember the actions of Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln without any memorial. We learned about them in our schools in something called a history class. As we learned about the civil war. A statue can not in any way teach history. Most Americans will never go to Washington DC and see these memorials.

And when pointed out that these were put up by people that supported the Jim Crow laws, you go ballistic. This is not a liberal or conservative issue. There are conservatives that believe these should be brought down. And history also has recorded why these statues were erected, And no matter how much excuses you put up, you can't change the facts.

And again, you refused to answer my initial question. Why do you need a statue to remember your history? And the one question you never asked is what my position on the statues is. You automatically assumed that every statue in every town come down. And that is wrong.

Last edited by David Lee; 09-21-2017 at 04:31 AM.