Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: Factory experimental

Rory,

You confuse legitimate criticism with complaints. The Computerized/Injected and carburetor cars were separated for a reason and I notice that the new Mustangs and Challengers will not impact your racing. Your argument that - what the heck they did it years ago doesn't flush. These new cars bear no resemblance to the dinosaurs of the past. They are rockets on wheels compared to the old stuff from the 60's and 70's which many of us are still running.

Kenny has worked hard to give us a great racing site. This site offers tons of information to the racers and that is why I have started this thread. I certainly don't believe nhra will change a thing regarding this issue. They are too far gone for that. But it is important for the racers to know and understand that, in this case, we are going to be hosed.

Last edited by Bruce Noland; 01-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts

Jeff,

Before you make a post about the moderators of this forum, please contact us first. In the past I overlooked your remarks about Class Racer and the way it is run. I feel I have been more then fair with you, and instead of emailing us about a missing thread and thinking you are getting singled out having your posts removed, you post it here. An email would be nice next time.

I do not want to hijack this thread, because I feel it is an important one. I think the next time you post a thread you need to stay on topic.

The thread about the CJ's was accidentally deleted when a member made a post that had nothing to do with the thread. I'm the one who deleted it. It had nothing to do with you. Now that I took this thread where it should not have gone, are you satisfied?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rory..The Fi cars got there own class because the everyone was uncertain how it would turn out and were brought back in after many years and the classifications seemed to work within reason..maybe the same should be done this time around...but i still think they should be SS cars..because thats what they are!!!

p.s. I dont see how they could pssible stay in stock if they will get the hp the way it seem they probaly should..or will NHRA fast add AAA and AAAA?

Last edited by bsa633; 01-15-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #14
Colin Wigle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what makes these new cars super stockers?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #15
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It will be real interesting to see how this all plays out. First off how can they possibly fit in stock with AA having a 7.5 P/W factor a 500 horse deal has to weigh 3750. Add 100 hp and it’s got a minimum of 4500 pounds. I don’t know what the shipping weight of a mustang is but its sure not 4500 pounds. Anything over lets say 550 hp is going to put them way under the AA 7.5 minimum. So will we see 5000 pound mustangs or an AAA class? I would say that the AHFS would eventually catch up with them but it’s a interesting situation when if they make a 1.4 under run they will have to add something like 140# all at once. Where I would be real concerned if I was an A or AA racer is if these cars end up getting the index’s hit. Another point to ponder is that to use the Hemi Darts and Cudas as an example they were never able to run in stock due to their P/W ratio. They only fit in Super Stock. Isn’t this the case here?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

I don't know what the shipping weight of them is either, but I think they are fairly heavy. The 5.4 motor is heavy too. I think someone ran one in IHRA pure stock a couple years ago at Rockingham. I think the GT weight on the sticker was 3750. The cars with the 5.4 should be considerably heavier than that.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwigle View Post
what makes these new cars super stockers?
Power to weight ratio...probably.."in real life"

Last edited by bsa633; 01-15-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Jeff,

Before you make a post about the moderators of this forum, please contact us first. In the past I overlooked your remarks about Class Racer and the way it is run. I feel I have been more then fair with you, and instead of emailing us about a missing thread and thinking you are getting singled out having your posts removed,
you post it here. An email would be nice next time.

I do not want to hijack this thread, because I feel it is an important one. I think the next time you post a thread you need to stay on topic.

The thread about the CJ's was accidentally deleted when a member made a post that had nothing to do with the thread. I'm the one who deleted it. It had nothing to do with you. Now that I took this thread where it should not have gone, are you satisfied?

Sorry, but I did send an inquiry and it was not responded too. And I may be wrong but I believe I had the subject on two different threads and each was removed. I assumed it was because I said the car was owned & run by CenterForce. I felt at the time everybody should know what they were up against if they raced in the same class. 138 MPH @ 210 water temp on 91 octane fuel will be untouchable in class eliminations. Because I would imagine the "race" tune will yield close to 145 MPH.

And back on topic, I believe all pressurized engines should be held to OEM specifications. But as I pointed out, Shelby already has a 5.4 that develops 700 HP sold to the public (although without warranty). I would assume that is a result of increased boost.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
George Wright

Liked 346 Times in 31 Posts

The 2008 Cobra Jet is in the NHRA Stock Car Classification Guide. The shipping weight for the coupe is 3239 (7.62 X 425) and the convertible is 3324 (7.82 X 425).
Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #20
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

The actual shipping weights for the Mustangs are much higher than the gifts from nhra.

Let's use the Ford Executives figure of 720 Horsepower and nhra's weight of 3,250 pounds to check the trusty old Moroso Calculator. These things are usually pretty close.

Edit:
Add 170 for the driver = minimum weight of 3,358.

Answer: 9.51 @ 141+ MPH. Yes, they would have to get the car to stick.

Last edited by Bruce Noland; 01-16-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Closed Thread