HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 11-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Default challenge

repost from my post to rob in the massa:

not a bad idea....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned by Daran Summerton in the Southern Stock and Super Stock Association section, how about a Challenge race or a run off.
We can have an end of year finals so to speak, with the TNT series and the northeast super street group. maybe even the ohio gang (Pacemaker's)
somewhere in the middle. not too far to travel for all involved. maybe just bring top 10 in points? this would be a team race, you could also do this with the s/g series. come on rob. I am calling you out on this. it may even bring more interest to your .90 nats.
many X nobody
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: challenge

Interesting idea Keith. Would be good to see some feedback on here from the racers. Travelling is the only downside.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Keith 944
VIP Member

as I am thinking this race as a bracket finals type of race, it should be at the end of the season and possibly racers could receive their points money earned during the year as help for the traveling expense? maybe all of us could have our awards ceremony there too, use it just like IHRA does, another incentive to be there... just some random thoughts...
Old 11-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

That seems to be the only down part to this idea is the travel and finding a central location. With MASSA AND NESSA looking at the map Etown looks to be the closest centrally located. With TNT I'm not sure what a central track would be. You say Leb Valley but, that's NESSA's home track and you might have a few racers who complain that they have an advantage. The only thing I can say is to really pitch it to the sponsors and have them throw in an extra 100 or 200 bucks. That pays for purse and travel fees to get there. We could do alternate tracks per year if we did it but, once again how many (besides crazy Keith) who will travel to Canada. I can't get them to drive to Numidia let alone Canada...Hana. I think it's an awesome idea. The awards banquets would stay separate at least I know for MASSA. I enjoy the off season get together to honor the champs. If we're all on board I'd love to get the ball rolling on something.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
Keith 944
VIP Member

that's going to be the hard part, finding a "neutral" track location. something that is fair to everyone, but I still think we can work through it all, at least for a 1 time show.

PS. I already got a few calls saying they can't wait to kick our butts, so I know a few will travel....our team is better than yours! that side sucks! we need some cheerleaders too lmao...
Old 11-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More important than location would be the payout. It would have to reward guys just for showing up. We'd need a sponsor and in a BIG way. Kind of like the IHRA year end deal. Pay guys for "qualifying" and then of course pay for the race.

Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
Keith 944
VIP Member

it is time to quit when we have to pay people to come race, but I do see the problems...
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

The hard part is getting a BIG sponsor to hook this late in the season. Most big names have already set their 2014 budgets by August and have promised all the money out. Trust me I've found out the past 3 years with the 90 Race and that was even giving them a proposal in July. The only way I can see it working is if we can get the current sponsors that each series has to throw in $100 or $200. If you get 30 sponsors that's 3,000 or 6,000 to be split between the drivers. I have been in contact with a few loyal sponsors to me but, some have to wait till PRI is over to decide what direction they are going in.

Yes Keith your comment is true but, you have to have bait if you want to go fishing. I mean if we do E-Town just saying for the guys in Toronto area thats about 10 hours with a motorhome and probably 2 to 3 stops for gas one way so it's already an expensive trip for them. Either way we need to make it worth the trip for everyone and no matter what someone will complain rather then just saying "I'm going down to show those boys from NESSA & MASSA who's the real deal".
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote