HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Competition
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
c wells

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What class could I participate in?

I have a top sportsman car trying to see if i can run a little comp eliminator. The engine is 682 cubic inch the car weight is 2600 with driver and have an 4 speed lenco trans.
c wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: What class could I participate in?

Comp cars are classified on pounds-per-cubic inch. 2,600 divided by 682 equals 3.81, which would put you in A/Altered, a class for cars 3.40 to 5.39 pounds per cid. Could also run A/AP (A/Altered Planetary) with a planetary transmission. A/A Index is 7.11, and Nat'l Record is 6.64; A/AP Index is 7.17, and the record is 6.56

Using Nitrous Oxide, you could run A/PM (A/Pro Modified). Maximum cubic inch 825; minimum weight 2,425 pounds. Index is 7.01. Glen Bucher, a T/S racer from Ohio ran 6.40 at Norwalk this year in A/PM, record is a minimum at 6.67
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
c wells

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks alot Mike I will check into A/PM it sounds like thats the class i'm lookink for.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A fast TS on Nitrous would make a great comp car running in A/PM, if you can bottom bulb race (i.e., no delay box). It's a good index, the nitrous would help in the summer, and the nitrous makes in tunable in terms of protecting the index-plus you'll chase everyone. Todd Foreman (sp) will be in comp again at the E-town points me and Glenn Butcher ran the Norwalk Natl event as well as some points meets. The advantage of running a TS car instead of one of the GSA or ADRL Pro Mod cars in comp is that you can be more consistent coming off the line (is your car a clutch car or a Lenco Drive). If I had lots of money (not enough to run GSA or ADRL Pro Mod) and wanted to build a comp car to win the world championship, I'd build a car for A/PM.
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
c wells

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks David for the info I think I will give it a go at the Dutch Classic and see what happen.