HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jason Vitez - 2014 TNT Super Series CHAMPION!

COUNTDOWN to a Championship
- Jason Vitez -
2014 TNT Super Series CHAMPION

Jason Vitez, always a strong contender in Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series competition, took Joe Passero's 1968 Camaro and won one of the most sought after sportsman drag racing championships in 2014.

Out of Elma, New York, Vitez dominated the 2014 TNTSS points chase... taking the lead right from the first race. He won that race back in May at Empire Dragway taking out past TNTSS champion Ted Barnes. Vitez then continued to lead the points most of the season going rounds at multiple events and capitalizing on new qualifying points system. He gave up the lead briefly to Barnes in August but then took it back decisively with another event win on Labour Day Saturday night over the 2014 Rookie of the Year, Pete Maduri Sr.

Vitez also finished second in the very competitive Performance Improvements DRIVER OF THE YEAR Award, lubricated by Royal Purple with an .035 average winning package.

This is Vitez's first championship in his many years of drag racing. "This was a great year!" said Vitez. "I'd like to thank my wife Kimberly and my kids Zachary, Brooklyn and Logan. They let me get out and have some fun! Also my mom, dad and brothers Mark and Scott for all their support over the years." Vitez says he lost one of his biggest fans, his dad, two years ago to cancer. "This one's for you buddy, I know you were watching down on me."

Vitez went on to thank car owners Joe and Moe Passero for the use of what he calls "one awesome race car." "I'd also like to thank Joe Urbino for the use of his race car when Joe had the Camaro down south chasing IHRA points."

"Got to thank Jeff Gregoire, Stevie Sell, Matt Lawless and JJ Jablonski who spent numerous hours helping me out over the years and the boys back at the shop. I'm pretty lucky to have great friends around me to be able to do this." He also mentioned Joe Boniferro and Ted Barnes for an awesome series and all the sponsors Vitez Chevelle Paint Scheme 2015 - JRO Designwho keep the series alive.

Vitez is no stranger to the winner's circle with many event wins locally plus much success on the NHRA and IHRA fronts.

Sponsors on Vitez's team include Jan-Cen Racing Engines, Rosehill Auction House, Jason Vitez Race Cars, Hoosier Tires and Phil's Quality Auto. "Probably my best day of racing was the first race this year where my son Zachary won in juniors and I won in TNTSS later that day! A big thank you to Zach! A job well done at crew chiefing!"

Vitez is in the final stages of a 1968 Chevelle that will be see competition in the 2015 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series.

Visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com for everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country and stay tuned for 2015 announcements.