HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #11
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Tanner Gray, not stock/super stock news,

He is already good at turning left and cutting out other cars. He will fit right in. LOL
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Sandwich him between Blaney and Larson. Larson on the high side and Blaney below. Sounds like fun. Too bad Tony Stewart retired. That's a driver with some wisdom to share with TG17.

Unless he gets some preferential treatment, he will have to make it through the Camping World Trucks and Xfinity series seasons before he gets a shot at the Cup cars. With his fast track success in NHRA, I don't know if he has the patience to survive the round-round world.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #13
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby DiDomenico View Post
Folks complain about his attitude. I'm sure everyone has done something that now we wished had been different. Watched a truck race some weeks back and a guy crashed his teammate on the last corner for the win and then jumped up and down at the end like he did something spectacular. Tanner can do no worse than some of the drivers they have now. I agree this is bad PR for the class which lately seems to have teams helping cars for filling out the fields. Imagine the past champion leaving drag racing! (Any conspiracy folks out there?:-)

John Hunter Nemechek and Cole Custer...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/772541156236210176
Old 09-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #14
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

If all Nascar races were like that I would actually watch it.

Just remember Tanner was racing in circles long before he came to NHRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSale View Post
John Hunter Nemechek and Cole Custer...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/772541156236210176
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #15
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
Not good news for the pro stock class. The Grays have certainly become a force in that class and are at the top of the class right now with performance and driving. No one can deny that the kid is the best driver in the class right now. They make plenty of power as well. Nascar is a whole bunch different than Pro Stock. Much more of a team effort. Hopefully he can be equally successful over there. The truck class is mostly young men like Tanner so he should fit in real good over there. One of my good friends that I grew up with son raced the truck series for about half of the season this year. Robbie Lyons. He actually ran pretty good at a few races but could not get enough sponsor money to continue.
The story in print is about TG, but I have to believe Gray Motorsports is making a business decision. The rest of the qualifiers, happy to see him go, might be making new plans of their own.
Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #16
Future Super Stocker

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Tanner , is a spoiled little BRAT. He needs some Humble pie to eat. He is not mature enough to fight off the press and humble himself. Can he drive, yes. So what. What good is it without sportsmanship!?. Next on the list is Steve Torrence. Terrible sportsman!!!!! He gives the worst interviews I have ever seen. He thinks everyone else is a joke the way he talks. Just an opinion. NHRA has wrecked pro stock. You all know it's about the money and who has the most of it. Bring back the carburetors. Maybe theY should put (AUTOMATICS IN THEM TOO).
Future Super Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #17
SS/1230

Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Don View Post
With his attitude, he'll get wrecked as much as Danica. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.
Well said... he's not a likable kid that's for sure. There isn't a humble bone in his entire body. I guess that's what happens when you come from billionaire grandparents. He is in need of an attitude adjustment.
SS/1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #18
troublemaker427

Liked 65 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/1230 View Post
Well said... he's not a likable kid that's for sure. There isn't a humble bone in his entire body. I guess that's what happens when you come from billionaire grandparents. He is in need of an attitude adjustment.
I agree! At Indy every single pro driver waived to the fans as they were towed up the return road, not this kid. He sat in the passenger seat of the golf cart, head down looking at his phone and completely oblivious to the fans. As I said before he will fit right in with Kyle Busch over there.
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #19
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

I loved nascar for decades, now it is a choice of watch it or take a nap.There are several short fuse loose cannons already, and I just hope he doesn't hurt someone.John Kissel K242
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #20
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Tanner Gray, not stock/super stock news,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/1230 View Post
Good Post ! He could NEVER fill Bob Gliddens, Grumpy Jenkins, Dick Landy's, or Ronnie Sox's shoes !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote