HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #151
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Early 1970s Raceway News Scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
Pete LaFronz was a regular Raceway Park Pro Stock racer back in 1970-71 era. He ran a 1969 Camaro with a vinyl roof. Being the small (drag racing) world that it is, I figured it might've been you.

Pete K.
Some info about Pete LaFronz:

Used to run against some guys out of south Jersey with a 69 Camaro. I don't know if they ever ran Dover. We were in the Pro/Stock circuit & WCS meets at the time. His name was Pete LaFrons (LaFons ?), the car was hugger orange & I don't beleive it had any lettering.
We usually parked next to each other at the various meets. The guys on his team were all real charachters, & a lot of fun to have around.
Anybody out there know anything about them ?( this would have been in 73-74 )

and

Hey Storm King,

I remember that orange '69 Camaro very well. Pete LaFronz. I remember the car was called the 'Happy Wanderer' but I'm not sure that was lettered on the car. It was pretty much plain hugger orange. I recall it doing very well at local meets and wcs races long after the bulk of the '69 Camaros were long gone from Pro Stock. I don't recall him racing anything after that '69. They were from north Jersey across the river from the big city.
Mike

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3...=1356&start=10

Pete
Old 07-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #152
mopar68
VIP Member

Butch McKinnon on cover.

Last edited by mopar68; 07-21-2015 at 06:46 PM.
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #153
Denise L.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
Some info about Pete LaFronz:

Used to run against some guys out of south Jersey with a 69 Camaro. I

Hey Storm King,

I remember that orange '69 Camaro very well. Pete LaFronz. I remember the car was called the 'Happy Wanderer' but I'm not sure that was lettered on the car. It was pretty much plain hugger orange. I recall it doing very well at local meets and wcs races long after the bulk of the '69 Camaros were long gone from Pro Stock. I don't recall him racing anything after that '69. They were from north Jersey across the river from the big city. don't know if they ever ran Dover. We were in the Pro/Stock circuit & WCS meets at the time. His name was Pete LaFrons (LaFons ?), the car was hugger orange & I don't beleive it had any lettering.
We usually parked next to each other at the various meets. The guys on his team were all real charachters, & a lot of fun to have around.
Anybody out there know anything about them ?( this would have been in 73-74 )

and
Mike

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3...=1356&start=10

Pete
Pete LaFronz is my father. He is still very much into the old cars and still watches the drags. Would any of you have any photos of him racing in that very Camaro that scared the bejesus out of me? I see there are a lot of photos of the old Raceway news here.
Denise L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #154
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise L. View Post
Pete LaFronz is my father. He is still very much into the old cars and still watches the drags. Would any of you have any photos of him racing in that very Camaro that scared the bejesus out of me? I see there are a lot of photos of the old Raceway news here.
Hi, Denise. I wish I had some but don't. I bet it scared you!

Can you ask your dad to provide some info about the car, i.e., who built the engine, etc.?

Best regards,

Pete
Old 02-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #155
Denise L.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well being I was a small child at the time, the noise was overwhelming.

I am pretty sure he built the engine himself but will check with him to be sure.
Denise L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 AM   #156
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

Pete,

Sorry to learn you had to sell your Raceway News. At least they went to a good home.

I am trying to dig up any information on the race held on Wednesday, May 27, 1970 (Raceway News Vol 1), Either a preview, results & photos, or even just a 1970 schedule. They might be in scans you haven't posted.

The reason I ask is that was the first drag race I ever attended (with my Dad), and I wanted to refresh my memories of what I had seen that day.

- Mike
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #157
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz View Post
Pete,

Sorry to learn you had to sell your Raceway News. At least they went to a good home.

I am trying to dig up any information on the race held on Wednesday, May 27, 1970 (Raceway News Vol 1), Either a preview, results & photos, or even just a 1970 schedule. They might be in scans you haven't posted.

The reason I ask is that was the first drag race I ever attended (with my Dad), and I wanted to refresh my memories of what I had seen that day.

- Mike
Just a bump to see if anyone can help with my search.
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote