HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Red face TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5

To ALL my fellow TD and TS racers,

I have received some GREAT news.

The last Quick 16 race at LVD that is to be held on Sunday, September 5 (Labor Day weekend) will be contested in the following manner:

6.00 to 7.49
-- NO EXCEPTIONS, if only 2 cars enter then SO BE IT.
7.50 and slower cars will NOT be added "to fill the field".

All NHRA TD/TS rules apply.
These rules will be WITHOUT DEVIATION.

Entry fees are $135, ($100 toward the purse, $35 for track).

SO for all you guys/girls complaining, hike up your skirts and bring the baddest that you have and hopefully you brought enough.

We'll be looking for you "camel toe", "moose knuckle", "blownhemi", and "Mr. Chimpo". :-)

By the way, if no one knows me by my screen name, this is Frank Zeffiro.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5

You going Frank ? Is it quick 16 TD and quick 16 TS or just the fastest 16 ? And yeah it will be interesting to hear the responses and if any of the clown posters show up (although you should not be looking for camel toe or moose knuckle - remember you're married )
I will say I was chuckling with their posts though - lol.

OK back to the race - what's the payout? WTF is 135 to race (it's $35 entry fee) How about it's 100 to race period - national events are cheaper to get into for crew.

Everyone local to the area (NJ,PA,NY,CT etc) who runs these classes should post on here if they are going to go or not. This way we get an idea of what the race will be like and if anyone is going. Over 1200 people looked at the other link so people know what's going on so reply yes or no. It would be nice to finally get a nice series in the area we can all run - eventually doing something like the DC outlaws and the Pro Comp association - very fast index racing. Pro comp is perfect at 6.20 - a TS class would be up to them I guess. 6.40 or 6.50 would be a great number. Both pro tree etc etc. OK enough rambling about things that won't happen.

Again if you are going to attend - OR - not attend, let it be known.

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 08-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
HofmannRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not going to attend.

Already have plans for that weekend, as well as many other racers.

But I am trying to get this race moved to the weekend before, or if it is not possible to move, Then we are (myself and the track) thinking of having a race on Sunday Aug 29th which would be a Q16 or a Q8

This is what I'm thinking as of now

Q16 = 7.49 and quicker (dial in race)

Q8 = 6.99 and quicker (dial in race)

Q8 = 6.40 and slower Heads up pro tree

So rather than complain about it,lets hear your input and we will see if we can put a race together for that weekend.
HofmannRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
79monte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what is the payout gonna be? they gonna guarantee a certain amount?
not worth the toll money otherwise
79monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
79monte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if your gonna make it a fast race then make it either
Q16 or Q8 fastest car ( door or dragster) heads up pro tree 1/8 mile or
1/4 dont matter but you are gonna have to guarantee some kind of decent
money to get some fast cars
just so know one gets all worked up my name is Tim Antinora
79monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tim,

I agree 100% about they need to make it a quick 8 or 16 pro tree first to the line wins. 16 might be a bit watered down but 8 would be very fast (IF the payout was decent)
I can EASILY come up with 8 cars for a quick 8 that would run the first to the stipe stuff. Spread the word a bit and some of the pro comp guys would show up.
It can easily be a fun, fast field IF the track wants it. But I have been told many times over they DONT want to do that. How about it Track Mgmt - make it like a pro comp race first to the line and a decent pay and lets have a fun race.

OK 60 (now 128) more people read this ad - is anyone going to voice an opinion besides Tim and Wayne? There are alot of fast racers on this site so get involved and voice your thoughts so we can get something like this going - don't worry about peoples feelings. If your for it, say it and let's get a race going - door car, dragster, altered etc . How about the tracks view?

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 08-12-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am in the same boat as Wayne that Setp. 5th might not work for me.

However I am all for the weekend before. If its the weekend before I will be there!

My vote is for quick 8 or 16 qualified field. Bracket format from there. Top dragster and top sportsman rules apply.

I will talk it up with some of epping racers. There are a good number of 6.8 and faster cars that might be able to be enticed to come down for this. I will make phone calls and see what I can do once the track finalizes something

I dont agree with a heads up. If its heads up I am probably out. Wont spend the gas money or entry fee to know after first qualifying session who the winner will be. I say stick with the top dragster top sportsman format and see what happens. Just my opinion but
If there are enough guys willing to commit to show up and run heads up have at it but I probably wont be one of them.

Others post what you think we need different opinions up here

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Heck,
Let's have 2 races. A Q8 and a TD/TS race.
Different weekends of course.

I understand about the Sept 5. That is a VERY popular weekend.
If I'm not mistaken Epping has something going on also.

But let's see what kind of response we get.
I know there are other guys out there with fast stuff.
Let's see if we hear from them.

Also your opinons are encouraged..... (Thanks Tim).
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
1855sc

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I dont have a dog in the "fast car" fight, but since everyone is worried about what the payout is going to be, ie: moose crap, camel jockey, blow hard, etc. putting $100.00 into the pot per car will only equal $800 or $1600 to the Winner/RU correct? what about the whinners that will comeout of the woodwork saying you wont have any money to pay back. And I am sure that the above mentioned wont come out for that prize money, they really have fast cars!!! lol...

again, this is only my opinion... just preparing you for the next level of questions...

Debbie Moses
1855sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deb and BJ you guys are both right in you opinion. We all just have diff ideas and wanna race diff things. Yes in a heads up quick 8 format you will not be competative - that's fine and you guys should keep the normal quick whatever bracket style race.
My point is we have enough racers local to have a heads up race. And no I will not be coming to race for 800 to win when you expect me to pay 135 to enter - Neither will anyone else. The pro comp racing is ZERO entry and 4 people in for free paying double that to win - same with the dc outlaws (think they are 1200 to win - not 100% sure)
I said this in PM's to people - if the track does not get involved and promote it and get the fans to help with the payout it will never happen. We can easily have a field of 8 dragsters running 6.50 and faster but the race will never happen in the way the payouts are described. The entire concept to having fast cars is to get people to come watch - thus paying the purse. Everyone benefits.

I could be wrong - just my 2cents.

I also would like to see the 3 stooges run.