HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default .Stock and S/S Plans for 2018?

Now that IHRA has admitted they have given up on class racing, let's hear from groups around the country that still intend to run Stock and S/S. We are thankful that NHRA and NMCA will continue with class racing in 2018. What about other regional associations or local tracks that plan to keep Stock and S/S alive next year? Let us all know what area your races are located in so racers can start laying out plans for next season. Now is not the time to give up on Stock and S/S. It is time to see it grow on the regional level or even at your local track.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: .Stock and S/S Plans for 2018?

Until NHRA "knee jerks" - it doesn't impact division 6 or 7 - no IHRA out west.

We have been trying to generate alternative options the Arizona stock supper stock association is one example (double race this weekend in Tucson).

Thanks to the Hawk brothers.

Ron
Old 10-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
Stephanie

Liked 75 Times in 31 Posts

Heartland Class Racers
Midwest Class Racers
In 2017 we had races in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

The Can-Am Stock/Super Stock Series will move into their 22 year next season. This year we had 13 races @ 4 different tracks and we are planning to have a similar schedule for 2018. Even talking of revisiting a Michigan venue. Sure would be nice to avoid date conflicts with other nearby groups.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
FrankM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
The Can-Am Stock/Super Stock Series will move into their 22 year next season. This year we had 13 races @ 4 different tracks and we are planning to have a similar schedule for 2018. Even talking of revisiting a Michigan venue. Sure would be nice to avoid date conflicts with other nearby groups.
Are they interested in opening up to Pure Stock now that IHRA is no more? The main reason I decided to move towards Stock was due to racers who race in the CanAm series. I'm sure I'm not the only PS car that would run CanAm.
FrankM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #6
Crew Chief

Nice to hear from the Can-Am Stock/Super Stock Series. Now if you could tell us what part of the country you have your races in we would all know and maybe plan to attend a few races next season.

This thread is about informing racers what part of the country there are Stock and S/S races planned. Your local guys know, the rest of the country wants to know too.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #7
Irondog

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM View Post
Are they interested in opening up to Pure Stock now that IHRA is no more? The main reason I decided to move towards Stock was due to racers who race in the CanAm series. I'm sure I'm not the only PS car that would run CanAm.
They run and have run both pure stock and crate motor for quite some time now. Our Atlantic Canadian Stock/Super Stock Association does the same.
Irondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
boxmotorsports

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts

The Can Am series is based in Ontario, Canada, Last year we raced at Grandbend, StThomas, Empire in New York and Toronto Motorsports in Cayuga . We have contacted the GLSSA in Michigan about having a race at Milan which would include both series. It was also mentioned that we could also get together with the Buckeye series in Ohio and possibly have a 3 association champion . ( I think that might be news to the Ohio racers ) .
If anyone from the Ohio series could contact me , we would like to get their views on this idea. And if Mike or Charlie would contact me , we can see if this would be possible.
A bigger picture I think would work ,,, if all these smaller associations were to get together, and a larger sanctioning body picked up on this we would have a solid alternative to race with.

Doug Box
boxmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
Ross Family Racing

Liked 52 Times in 15 Posts

Doug,
Charlie spoke to myself and Joe Jackson about the same sorta deal. Now more relevant than ever. Are you talking a race with all three associations (or more) racing one event at a track in between all of us? In your opinion, how would this work? A S/SS combo with a shootout of the top 8 or 10 in points in each series with a wildcard drawn of the racers from each series in attendance not in by points?
Ross Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondog View Post
They run and have run both pure stock and crate motor for quite some time now. Our Atlantic Canadian Stock/Super Stock Association does the same.
Okay.....but where does the Atlantic Canadian Stock/Super Stock Association race? In what part of the country are you located?