Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #41
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Ladder bar tuning / adjusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
I always thought the Santhuff's fronts big difference was their compression valving, controlling the car after it comes down from a large wheel stand. Are their rebound qualities equally unique?
They have a much wider range of adjustment. I don't know if you ever cut shocks apart to see how that stuff works, but the normal deal is a flat spring over a check ball. Adjustments are by a screw pushing against that flat spring. Santuffs have an orifice plate. Turn that knob, and a different size hole passes fluid. I wasted money having shocks revolved, on both QA1 & AFCO shocks. On the shock dyno, make (for example) compression stiffer to control landings, it also makes extension somewhat stiffer. Not a good deal for small tires in a slick track. Santuff fronts are some of the best money I ever spent. (Those, and Eastexas Racecars chassis work) I can turn a couple of screws, and stand it straight up, or leave flat. No more bouncing on landings. They are a whole different deal.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 04-22-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #42
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Ladder bar tuning / adjusting

Thanks Ed. You confirmed what I have already been seeing and hearing. Just need to keep stashing $ before I pull the trigger.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote