HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #11
FrankM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: .Stock and S/S Plans for 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondog View Post
They run and have run both pure stock and crate motor for quite some time now. Our Atlantic Canadian Stock/Super Stock Association does the same.
I was told that CanAm does not allow Pure Stock, they do allow Crate Motor. Has this changed recently?
FrankM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #12
Irondog

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM View Post
I was told that CanAm does not allow Pure Stock, they do allow Crate Motor. Has this changed recently?
I think they allow it now because we run them at the NHRA national opens....i could be wrong though
Irondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #13
Irondog

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Okay.....but where does the Atlantic Canadian Stock/Super Stock Association race? In what part of the country are you located?
East coast of Canada...3 provinces, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward island and Miramichi New Brunswick (home of the first 9 second pass by a D/SA car)
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #14
boxmotorsports

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts

What I am proposing is taking one week end of the Can Am schedule , having a double race say at Grandbend. Points would given per round. The GLSSA would have a double day week end the next month and round points given and the same for the Buckeye association .The winner with the most points wins the series.
Charlie had mentioned about a Allstar race where the three different associations take there top ten and run off for a champion , which also could be arranged.
boxmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #15
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM View Post
The Can-Am Series does not allow Pure Stock cars to compete. This subject was put to a vote.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #16
Irondog

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
The Can-Am Series does not allow Pure Stock cars to compete. This subject was put to a vote.
Thank you for the clarification
Old 10-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #17
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Liked 225 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmotorsports View Post
The Can Am series is based in Ontario, Canada, Last year we raced at Grandbend, StThomas, Empire in New York and Toronto Motorsports in Cayuga . We have contacted the GLSSA in Michigan about having a race at Milan which would include both series. It was also mentioned that we could also get together with the Buckeye series in Ohio and possibly have a 3 association champion . ( I think that might be news to the Ohio racers ) .
If anyone from the Ohio series could contact me , we would like to get their views on this idea. And if Mike or Charlie would contact me , we can see if this would be possible.
A bigger picture I think would work ,,, if all these smaller associations were to get together, and a larger sanctioning body picked up on this we would have a solid alternative to race with.

Doug,
Charlie spoke to myself and Joe Jackson about the same sorta deal. Now more relevant than ever. Are you talking a race with all three associations (or more) racing one event at a track in between all of us? In your opinion, how would this work? A S/SS combo with a shootout of the top 8 or 10 in points in each series with a wildcard drawn of the racers from each series in attendance not in by points?

Doug Box
Doug and Jeff - I think the time is right for our neighboring Associations to work together on some of the ideas like these. Interest level in the 3S (Stock - SS) Regional Associations has never been better. Let's talk offline on some ideas and see how we can make the schedules work together.

And if anyone has ideas, lets hear them.

I keep wondering if Michael Beard would try one more time..............
Old 10-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #18
boxmotorsports

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts

Mike or Jeff , you can contact me at Maple City Tire at 519 455 5590, I look forward to hearing from you both.
boxmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #19
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

While surfing through Class Racer posts I see that there is a Carolina Class Racer Association and the East Coast Stock Super Stock Association. Someone want to speak about what area these groups are in and when they run their races.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:14 PM   #20
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
While surfing through Class Racer posts I see that there is a Carolina Class Racer Association and the East Coast Stock Super Stock Association. Someone want to speak about what area these groups are in and when they run their races.
Both associations have forums here, on the top sheet of the site.
I believe ECSSSA runs out of Atco., w/Dave Ley

Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote