HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 09-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #311
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: '66 Malibu N/SA

Cool! I did the same with switches on mine at first...had to move them to the swing-out bar so I could get my hands on them lol.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:00 AM   #312
Pinballer

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Congrats on a mostly successful outing Dave, especially that surprise heads-up win! You have inspired me to keep on going.
Your car looks real good and apparently runs good, the rest of the little improvements it might need will come with time and experience. And oh yeah, money.
My car is finally very close to a debut even though it's not quite all done like I want it to be, it could be entered in the STL divisional within a month if my local testing pans out and nothing comes apart in the meantime.

Now we have to cheer on Robbie Racer and Jeff Stout to get their cars done. Go boys!!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #313
RobbieRacer

Liked 116 Times in 40 Posts

Great job Dave! Congrads on you 1st Heads Up WIN!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #314
S/ST J718

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

X2 on Robbie's comment , plus the pictures don't do justice to the car. Look's really clean , I was worried in the earlier part of the evening when I over hear Brad say your having a little trouble as I was headed up to the lanes. Congrats on that round win....
Old 11-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #315
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts

Here's a bit of an update. I had the car out a couple of weeks ago in Tucson for the AZ Stock/SS race, but got sidelined by an electrical short that took out my tach, shift light, brake pressure gauge and line lock, because they were all on the same fuse. I ran without them in round one, shifting by ear but broke out.

Since then I fixed the short so everything works again, and I replaced the master cylinder. The one I had was 1" diameter and the new one is 1 1/8". That made a huge difference, I can now get plenty of brake pressure without the pedal ever reaching the floor and without pumping the brakes.

Now we're in Las Vegas for the divisional there, and since we arrived late in the day yesterday Q3 this morning is all that I got. Great air and a tailwind put me .62 under the adjusted index. It'll still take a while to get my staging procedure right but for now I'll bump in a bit and should have a chance in round one tomorrow.

Last edited by Dave Muller; 11-03-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #316
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,412 Times in 1,683 Posts

Congrats, Dave
Another CR Builds success story.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #317
Dave Noll

Liked 217 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Muller View Post
And I had always figured that my first heads-up race would probably leave me scorched by a missile from Nevada!
That pick-up is up here now with a new owner. Don't see it out much though.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #318
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Awesome car.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 PM   #319
Dave Muller

And I'm out in round one, -.013 red. Plus I apparently underestimated how much difference the wind made yesterday when I calculated my dial in, I couldn't run the number either.

I hope to get some good test & tune sessions in next year before the Wild Horse divisional. I definitely need seat time.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #320
Dave Muller

Well it's time for another update. After losing in round one in Vegas to Justin Lamb by a red light, I've had to revisit the brakes a bit. The 2-step didn't engage, and after some testing the only thing I can find is that the brake system doesn't hold pressure all that well. Since I don't see any other issues I'm thinking it's the master cylinder. So I put in yet another new one, this time an aluminum unit.

I haven't had a chance to test this at all yet, so I don't know if it even improves the issue. I hope to check it out this weekend if I can get my son to come over and help out a bit.

I did have some success in the Wild Horse divisional, going to the third round. I'll probably run an ADRA race in June to see how it's doing now and next up after that will be the double-header race in Salt Lake City. I'd go to Fontana, but that conflicts with a Wild Horse team Summit race. I'm leading in points (barely) and I really want that championship, so I'll miss that divisional.

Oh and even without my red light I would have lost to Justin in Vegas. Not only did he have a perfect light, but the headwind that I dialed for disappeared in the couple of minutes I was under the arch waiting to run, and was a tailwind by the time I was on the track, so I was a tenth or so under my dial. There's no way I would have scrubbed enough off to not break out.