Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 AM   #11
Dave Gantz

Liked 225 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Engine size change

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin54 View Post
Thank you All I will have to do some thinking on a good direction to go. Will run local for the most part. I want to enjoy the sport again may go with R/SA see how it goes I want to keep it fun. I know I will enjoy the people on this forum Thank's again
Sell it, put it aside, whatever. Stock is about having the right car for what you want to do. If you're looking for some fun, I.E. success, get the right car!
I was partner on a 71 440 6 pack Road Runner in the mid 90's. We were only a couple tenths under. Sounds like a tough class, no? Not at the time in Div 1. There were def hitters, but if need be, we could've made the car a 71 or 72 with a 340, 360, 383, 400, 440 4 bbl, or hemi, if playing the ladder didn't work. Maybe even a 318?! Rules and HP ratings are different now, but that car would've been fun to fiddle with. Mr. Horensky and Mr. Reiter were two we had to be nice to while in D/SA! But, there were a couple index cars at the time, too. We would get our a**** handed to us nowadays, but thats another story.
I can't race Stock anymore, it's gone too far astray for me personally. But if I did, I would look for the car that could run under enough without spending my retirement on it. I think there are several cars that would be more successful than what you have. Racing isn't easy. Why give yourself an unnecessary handicap?
Hope you have a good time. To me, that's what matters.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #12
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Engine size change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noll View Post
Dale, I don`t see anything on the Pacific schedule about this. I see on NHRADIV6 the National Opens are in Bremerton, Mission, Edmonton and Medicine Hat this year. Is there something different that you are referring to?
Yes, bummer. I see the words Grudge and Modern Muscle in the Pacific schedule a lot more than S/SS Combo. Looking over the available schedules from Pacific and Woodburn, the summer for Class racing (with the exception of the Nationals and LO races) looks like this. Nothing from the Mission schedule. The two Jims (Storms and Boyce) used to organize this.

May 19-20 Woodburn (Season Opener)
June 9 Pacific (Super Saturday by Dave Barcelon's Truck Town)
July 28 Pacific
August 25 Pacific
September 22-23 Woodburn (Fall Classic)

With two LO races in Woodburn and one at Pacific this year, there are a total of 8 class racing opportunities this year. Not ready for the Nationals yet. Gotta see if I can pass tech.

Now I gotta haul to Woodburn. Four times.