Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #351
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Your HP factor is probably more bogus in SS than Stock. Doubt it has been hit in SS. You might out run us, but still won't get any respect.
Crap, I'm beginning to feel like Rodney Dangerfield, no respect. No one has hit the 5.7 in SS yet and yes it is low I agree. Stock is more than 100 hp higher than SS. I did hear that the 5.7 may get a correction in SS this month even though no one has hit it yet. I guess I better stay in stock.

Dennis
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #352
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ash View Post
Andrew

That is the direction you are taking, not I.

I have nothing but respect for the abilities of those like yourself that have Been There, Done that!

But when I bring facts I will surely first have comprehensive and articulate data.

BTW, I got a great reception from the friendly racers, and race fans I have met so far, and they were nothing but interested in my car, it's looks, it's performance, and the new technology it represents.

But when I get a handle on it things/opinions may change, lol.

Cheers eh!
I'm just saying that there are a lot more people out there than those who post on this forum with the exact same opinion, new cars need their own classes. I think the new cars like yours are cool, I just think it would be best for everyone if they were in their own classes within Stock Eliminator.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #353
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Flip flopping from "The Majority of the New Car Owners" to "The Majority of Racers" does'nt cut it either!

One would have to have an inclusive list of ALL Racers, not just the fine members of this site!

Cheers eh!
Flip flopping? Not me pal. The majority of new car racers who have posted on this site have at one time or another said they wanted new classes for the new cars.

I appreciate your concern about the poll. But you don't call the shots in this sport or even on this site. Let's see how the poll turns out. BTW an all inclusive list of ALL racers to vote in this poll would not be good for your cause. Of course, you know that already.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #354
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
It's not a matter of new technology, it's bogus soft HP ratings. Ray Charles, in his present condition, could look at the specs for the 360" Dodge (not one of the worst offenders) and say 275 HP? Are you kidding? Then look at what the heads flow. Really? It's a joke.
That's the combo I have in the Volare, and I specifically built it *because* it's crazy underfactored. It's rated 50HP lower than my old 360 Magnum crate motor! I knew it was about the only way I could afford to get into Super Stock. I did my part by building it low-buck and slow. We plan to do some tinker stuff this winter to pick it up a little, but I'll still be the Duck when it comes to heads-up matches.

Quote:
Flip flopping from "The Majority of the New Car Owners" to "The Majority of Racers" does'nt cut it either!

One would have to have an inclusive list of ALL Racers, not just the fine members of this site!
Ironically, "the majority" was more than happy to "vote out" deep staging many years ago. (something that was a performance detriment!) Pure democracies don't work. Everyone's opinion *does* matter, but that input should then be tempered with reason and a broad perspective aimed at preserving or improving our sport. Invariably, some people will like and some people will dislike any given decision. The best you can do is to try to make decisions as rationally and fair as possible, and tell your customers *why* a given decision was made -- hopefully even some of those who disagree with a decision will respect it for that.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #355
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
Merry Christmas, and go Irish! It's been an awesome season, one more game!
Bring it on leprechaun!!!! Roll tide roll!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #356
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbreeden View Post
Crap, I'm beginning to feel like Rodney Dangerfield, no respect. No one has hit the 5.7 in SS yet and yes it is low I agree. Stock is more than 100 hp higher than SS. I did hear that the 5.7 may get a correction in SS this month even though no one has hit it yet. I guess I better stay in stock.

Dennis
Heck Dennis, it's simple. Run it out the back door a few times with all 4 barrels open. They will give you some HP. LOL
Your more straight up than most. You admit it. Most want to talk about new technology. It's simply bogus-low HP factors.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #357
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Heck Dennis, it's simple. Run it out the back door a few times with all 4 barrels open. They will give you some HP. LOL
Your more straight up than most. You admit it. Most want to talk about new technology. It's simply bogus-low HP factors.

Merry Christmas!
So what you are saying is NHRA will give me free hp? All I have to do is run 1.20 under and the extra hp is free?? That sounds like a pretty good deal. Have a good evening Ed, I'm done for the night.
I do want to wish you and all the racers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dennis Breeden
A/SA, CC/SA, F/X, SS/JA, B/GAS, Modified????
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #358
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Trying to get all the new cars down to 7lbs/hp is impossible without opening up another giant can of worms for a dozen or so people to start singing the same old tired song AGAIN / STILL.

Ever hear " You can only please some of the people some of the time!! You can't please everyone all the time! !!"
Its really pretty easy. Whatever weight break your car fits in now just becomes a FX class for the '08 and up CJ's, DP's and the fashionably late COPO's. If you fit in CC/S now its just CC/FX, if its E/S now then it would be E/FX. Its really simple, don't over think it you're not trying to reinvent the wheel here. Just parallel the FX classes to their natural S/SS classes that they are in now. Heck I'll even pitch in to buy some of the new FX decals. To me when the owners of these new cars are so against being separated it just sounds like someone doesn't want to loose their .8 advantage on their current class and is scared to compete on a level playing field against equal competition. Then they would have to compete against guys who do know how to make a fast car faster like Bo, Chris, The Southland gang, The Candies gang, etc... Now the $100k they spent on a ringer to beat up on the old cars just went out the window and now they will actually have to compete and work on their cars and show what they are made of.

Peter I tend to stick with the saying "You can't piss everyone off all of the time". This seems to work better for me as feelings just seem to get in the way. I don't pride myself on being politically correct. It seems that so many people in this world have lost their spinal column. Heck I've even seen some peoples bodies reject a spinal transplant LOL for real.

Yeah I know your going to say "nothing is equal or fair" and even ask for us to show you in the rule book where it says all classes should be equal and fair. Just remember what goes around comes around. I'm still young in this sport. I've committed myself to giving this 43 year old combo a shot for sentimental reasons. But if NHRA keeps turning the blind eye just refer back to one of my original post in this thread. With all do respect to the racers that race these cars I'm not above playing the game either and forcing you to run it a little harder than you might expect. Right now it doesn't seem that there are any of these new cars in C or D/S. 99% of them are automatics so I may never get the chance, but if I do...

Merry Christmas!
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #359
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:
Trying to get all the new cars down to 7lbs/hp is impossible without opening up another giant can of worms for a dozen or so people to start singing the same old tired song AGAIN / STILL

Ever hear " You can only please some of the people some of the time!! You can't please everyone all the time! !!"
I think it's more like this:
You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Or something similar.

Jack the car that you, the oem's and nhra are trying to pass off as a Stocker is just what it says in the rule book. A special production car that has been "placed" in Stock. Many of us recognize these cars for what they are, that is, factory parts counter cars. Or, as some prefer to call them, crate motor race cars.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #360
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Quote:

Merry Christmas!
Ed you have a PM.