HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #31
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: Rules for staging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pliska View Post
I've heard the same thing, that they have worked it out to where they can slam the brakes and use the "windup" in the slicks to bounce them backwards just after turning on the stage light. I wonder if the autostart system looks for a steady stage light or if it is tripped by a quick flicker like that?

Not sure about NHRA. IHRA in the Rulebook lists a "Staged Minimum", which I believe is the time a car must be fully staged to trigger the Autostart. It also lists "Staged to Start", I think is the time from when both cars are staged til the Tree activates. Stock and S/S (actually all Sportsman classes from T/D to H/R) have a 0.6 seconds "Staged Mnimum" listed. "Stage to Start" is 0.9 seconds for S/SS.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #32
Bimbo Jones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe the problem was fixed a couple of seasons back but some tracks may not have installed the software upgrade to correct it. I was just fishing to see how many were aware of it and if any of you were ever victims of this issue. I believe the bug was fixed by reprograming the count down to only take place while the third bulb is activated and if a driver backs out of the stage beam the count down will stop counting down and will restart at the beginning when the third light is turned on again. Anyway I am amased that someone would even be able to discover such a bazar scenario and even more difficult to imagine someone being able to us it as a driving technique to catch a opponent off guard for a starting line advantage.

Last edited by Bimbo Jones; 09-11-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Bimbo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #33
Raceready

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Rules for staging?

Mike Carr is correct.At least that is the way it works with a compulink system.I don't know about TSI or any of the other systems.IMHO compulink is the only system.If you are racing at a track without it you will get screwed sometime,somehow.And I have to add this Question,it is not directed at any one person.How can you understand the rules and regulations of stock or super stock and not understand how the tree works??
Raceready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #34
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
How can you understand the rules and regulations of stock or super stock and not understand how the tree works??
Not touchin that question with a 10 ft pool. Or a 50 ft .........
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #35
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
Mike Carr is correct.At least that is the way it works with a compulink system.I don't know about TSI or any of the other systems.IMHO compulink is the only system.If you are racing at a track without it you will get screwed sometime,somehow.And I have to add this Question,it is not directed at any one person.How can you understand the rules and regulations of stock or super stock and not understand how the tree works??
My original question had nothing to do with how the tree works. It was about starting proceedures. It was about what I thought was courtesy staging. One bulb at a time. Many racers I talked to did not realize you could roll in and light 2 bulbs. After the other lane lights the first. Now I know
PARDON MY STUPIDITY
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #36
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the first NHRA event at Norwalk when the issue of courtesy staging came to a head...and it involved the Pros not the sportsman racers.....Erica Enders in Prostock knew she had no chance to actually outrun Greg Anderson so she rushed her burnout and lit both bulbs....before Greg could even get close to actually staging like he always does he was "timed out"...the tree lit, she left and he just sat there wondering what happened....the crap hit the fan arms were flying up in the air and people were yelling like crazy (I was close enough to hear it and it wasn't nice)...
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #37
larry dowty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

ART is correct his original question had nothing to do with the pro's and i for one did not it was legal to do what happened to art at indy in the first round. PARDON MY STUPIDITY.