Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Rules for staging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry dowty View Post
ART after our talk i called our starter and bimbo jones is right it is legal to stage second an light both bulbs as fast as you want
Okay. This probably will not be the last thing I learn. I thought different, but now I know.
It will actually be better for me. It will give me more time.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
larry dowty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I will say i learned something new today also, i am not sure i would call it courtesy staging?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #23
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

I suppose the "courtesy" comes from the first person not lighting both lights at once.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #24
Bimbo Jones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wondering(sounds like Burke of DRO) has one of the major timing systems ever fix the bug in their autostart software that would allow a racer to trick the autostart timer to be activated? Some multi national event winners learned that if they knew their opponet would try to stage second, they could briefly stage after both cars had prestaged. By bliping the stage light the timer for timing out was started but you had to confident the other guy was a diehard go in second racer. With the count down in motion a racer could go in after waiting a few seconds and the other racer got what was left of the count down of the autostart software. This technique would be more effective in the super classes where a pro tree was used but could be use to throw off slower classes going first by distracting them with a quick tree where handicaps are used. This may be just BS I was told to see how gullible I was, but does make for some interesting questions. Food for thought.
Bimbo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Jones View Post
Just wondering(sounds like Burke of DRO) has one of the major timing systems ever fix the bug in their autostart software that would allow a racer to trick the autostart timer to be activated? Some multi national event winners learned that if they knew their opponet would try to stage second, they could briefly stage after both cars had prestaged. By bliping the stage light the timer for timing out was started but you had to confident the other guy was a diehard go in second racer. With the count down in motion a racer could go in after waiting a few seconds and the other racer got what was left of the count down of the autostart software. This technique would be more effective in the super classes where a pro tree was used but could be use to throw off slower classes going first by distracting them with a quick tree where handicaps are used. This may be just BS I was told to see how gullible I was, but does make for some interesting questions. Food for thought.
I've heard the same thing, that they have worked it out to where they can slam the brakes and use the "windup" in the slicks to bounce them backwards just after turning on the stage light. I wonder if the autostart system looks for a steady stage light or if it is tripped by a quick flicker like that?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
What happened to me was I lit the first light. Then the guy I was running comes up and turns on both bulbs. I waited for him to back a little. (this is what they have always made me do) When I realized they were not doing anything. I lit the second bulb, tried to bump it a touch, and wound up deep, went to back and the red was on.
The method I've been working on is to get up there first, light the first bulb, then after the other car lites the first bulb. I lite the second and bump in a touch. I didn't realize one car can go up and lite both bulbs regardless of the other car.
Or am I missing something.
Art,

You were probably DQ'd because of the deepstage. But while you did try to back up and fix it, that would also DQ you. The rulebook states that your last movement into the stage beams must be a FORWARD motion. I believe this is to prevent people from going across the beams and backing up to the point where they are just barely deep staged. I ASSUME, but do not know for sure, that that rule was implemented during the early years of super class racing.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #27
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kennedy View Post
Art,

You were probably DQ'd because of the deepstage. But while you did try to back up and fix it, that would also DQ you. The rulebook states that your last movement into the stage beams must be a FORWARD motion. I believe this is to prevent people from going across the beams and backing up to the point where they are just barely deep staged. I ASSUME, but do not know for sure, that that rule was implemented during the early years of super class racing.
I lit the first bulb, then when he lit 2 I was waiting for them to back him up. They didn't. I rushed to stage and wound up deep.
I just didn't understand the rules. it was my fault. It won't happen to me again.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #28
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Getting back to the Driver A and Driver B scenario,the track gave the rerun to Driver B.Go figure.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
Jimmy D. Hyink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bimbo Jones, I had a situation somewhat like you talked about at Cordova this year at one of the Heartland races. Both cars where stick cars,and both are long time class act racers, so no one was trying to pull anything. Car A and B prestage, car A goes in, Car B waits a second or two, Car A backs out, car B goes in , before car A can get back in staged the system times out, and car A has his light go red.

Michael Pliska, at least with Compulink a car can just blink the staged bulb, and the system will not start, most systems you must be in a set amount of time, half a second say, for the time out timer to begin.

442 OLDS , do not know all the circumstances, starters sometimes have great discretion, but if he prestaged and you where staged, I do not see a rerun being in order.,

Hope this helps. Jimmy D. Hyink
Jimmy D. Hyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #30
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy D. Hyink View Post
Bimbo Jones, I had a situation somewhat like you talked about at Cordova this year at one of the Heartland races. Both cars where stick cars,and both are long time class act racers, so no one was trying to pull anything. Car A and B prestage, car A goes in, Car B waits a second or two, Car A backs out, car B goes in , before car A can get back in staged the system times out, and car A has his light go red.

Jimmy D. Hyink
Once someone is staged,why on earth would you then back up?
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote