HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts
Default Farewell Greatest Generation

As they steadily lose their earthly binds I wanted to reflect once more on why they are rightfully referred to as that. Simply put, they rescued mankind from an unimaginable darkness. They rebuilt war torn countries of allies and foes alike and gave the baby boomers hope and confidence that we could do anything. The family unit and common values served as the foundation for a future of amazing promise.

Today there’s a stark contrast. News networks and social media feed on our worse nature, fostering divisiveness to replace unity. The darkness that has always existed is seemingly unchecked around the world, even within our own nation. Thousands of us were lost in a war that had no meaning save to learn our leaders could not be trusted. We say all lives matter while thousands of the unborn are denied everything. I have no doubt that darkness can never prevail; light will always and ultimately shine. But I do wonder that our nation will be among those that carry the torch. Farewell greatest generation, you will certainly be missed.

Jeremiah 2:5
Thus says the LORD:
“What wrong did your fathers find in me
that they went far from me,
and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Unhappy Re: Farewell Greatest Generation

I have no doubt that if WW11 was fought in todays U.S. time frame we would all be speaking German and Japanese today !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Farewell Greatest Generation

"As Americans we have two powers; the power of inspiration, and the power of intimidation." Defense Secretary Mattis

As long as we have men and women who will step up when called, we have nothing to fear.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Eddie, I've never doubted the willingness of Americans to answer the call to arms, or their ferocity in serving. I do; however, question our united resolve to do the right thing. Relative to the quote of General Mattis, from where do we draw inspiration as a nation to do the right thing? Also think whatever power of intimidation we might hold is increasingly measured only in terms of our nuclear arsenal, which is a chilling prospect.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Eddie, I've never doubted the willingness of Americans to answer the call to arms, or their ferocity in serving. I do; however, question our united resolve to do the right thing. Relative to the quote of General Mattis, from where do we draw inspiration as a nation to do the right thing? Also think whatever power of intimidation we might hold is increasingly measured only in terms of our nuclear arsenal, which is a chilling prospect.

This will only come from moral leaders. Leadership comes from that young steely eyed killer in the field and from the leaders of this great nation or we will, as Chesty Puller once said:
“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote