HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

View Poll Results: What Engine Bearings You Run ?
King Engine Bearings 66 24.63%
Clevite "V" Series 29 10.82%
Clevite "H" Series 135 50.37%
Federal Mogul 30 11.19%
Other , Please Post Brand 27 10.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?

What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?
trmnatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 664 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?

Well, I'm very pleased that you want to know the bearings that I run, in which engine combination? Are you going to take the advice given on this or the other sites where you ask questions? What bearings do you want to run in what engine combination?
One bearing dosn't work for all applications & one brand sure doesn't have the magic bearing for all applications.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 06-21-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: SP& edit content. I sounded too Smart A** :~)
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?

Calico dry film coated
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
Well, I'm very pleased that you want to know the bearings that I run, in which engine combination? Are you going to take the advice given on this or the other sites where you ask questions? What bearings do you want to run in what engine combination?
One bearing dosn't work for all applications & one brand sure doesn't have the magic bearing for all applications.
I didnt say what engine bearings do you run in a stocker, super stocker, bracket racer, nos engine etc

I just said an easy question, i will say it here so you can see it
"What engine bearings do you run ?"

I didnt even ask what engine bearing to run in my combo. I always run King or Clevite "V"

Magic Bearings, Where do people come up with this stuff at ?

So how can you come on and post that above ?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

People come up with this stuff, because it depends on your engine combination. I thought what Adger said was perfectly valid. Your not going to learn anything if you don't know in what they use mentioned bearings. Were you just passing time, or trying to learn?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
People come up with this stuff, because it depends on your engine combination. I thought what Adger said was perfectly valid. Your not going to learn anything if you don't know in what they use mentioned bearings. Were you just passing time, or trying to learn?
I build street engines , bracket engines and our own team engines. I was just trying to see how many use this or that regardless of application, Most everything out there is King or Clevite, Some ACL and Federal Mogul.

As to coated bearings someone mentioned, Yes i would like to know more about coated bearings. I liked coated piston skirts. Have not went much further with coatings

I know i have always used Clevite "H" and "V" bearings depending on application and i got so tired of problems i was having with sizing in Clevite i went to King Bearings and have had zero issues, Order an extra .001" and get .0009" to .001"

I still use Clevite "V" in high rpm engines pushing the limits with STEEL RODS, Street - Bracket etc where i would usually use an H i use King now. They seem much more consistent and last just as good as "H" bearings
Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

That was kind of a generic answer I gave as Calico will coat whatever bearing you want
Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg fulk View Post
That was kind of a generic answer I gave as Calico will coat whatever bearing you want
Would like to know more about the coated bearings, your knowledge with using them and results

Pretty much the same as coated skirts ? Less wear and less power drop 5-60 runs later ? I would also think during minimal detonation the coated bearings would help too

I appreciate your opinion and others on this, I have just grown to use King and "V" series all the time and looking to see what others like HOWEVER i have been thinking about trying to have some King's coated and trying them
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?

For me they coated "H" bearings... it's an inline 6cyl 230 chevy BUT it uses the same bearing (and piston) as a 283. my engine only sees 6000rpms in the water box. BUT the engine has close to 800 passes on it & still runs under just fine. The reason I put the coated bearings in it was the car under hard braking & turning off the track (like Indy) the oil pressure goes to almost 0! & yes I said 800 passes th eengine went into my car back in 2004... it's now in dads car & has set 4 IHRA records.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg fulk View Post
For me they coated "H" bearings... it's an inline 6cyl 230 chevy BUT it uses the same bearing (and piston) as a 283. my engine only sees 6000rpms in the water box. BUT the engine has close to 800 passes on it & still runs under just fine. The reason I put the coated bearings in it was the car under hard braking & turning off the track (like Indy) the oil pressure goes to almost 0! & yes I said 800 passes th eengine went into my car back in 2004... it's now in dads car & has set 4 IHRA records.
Thanks, may have to have a set of Kings coated and try them however im not looking to get that many runs

One engine uses aluminum rods and the other engine is a steel rod engine that we are trying to get the most HP out of with off the shelf budget parts which i think we can do being out budget 400 runs 10.40's in a 1980 Camaro lightened

Also thinking the coated bearings may be good on customers "Street" engines due to low RPM and possible sudden braking (?) , I think i will try them in a customers 383 we have not ordered bearings for yet.

I will have my Kings coated.

Who all have you guys used ? I have had good luck with PolyDyn and Dart for skirts,, Any suggestions on bearings ?

Last edited by trmnatr; 06-24-2009 at 10:17 PM.